Folders in Outlook and Folders on iPhone 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashley Baxter Curry

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
My office recently changed our email addresses from @suddenlinkmail.com to @____ (a vanity address). We are still with Suddenlink and we do not have Exchange. Prior to making the switch, I was able to view all of the folders I created in my Outlook on my iPhone 6, and file any emails on my iPhone into those folders. Everything synced perfectly. When we made the switch, I moved all of the folders from the one email address to the other simply by taking my mouse and moving it to the new email address in Outlook on my desktop. When I set up my new email address, I made sure to set it up as an IMAP account in both Outlook and on my iPhone (the same way it was set up before). Now, I only have basic folders like Inbox, Sent Message, Trash on my iPhone. I am able to receive and read emails on my iPhone and when I do, it will show them as read on my desktop and vice versa. But no folders. The folders are not nested under the "Inbox" and I do not have the two updates that I've read might cause interference. When I right-click on a folder and click "IMAP Folders," then click "Query," only the basic folders show up for me to "Subscribe" or "Unsubscribe" to, not all of my folders contained in my Outlook. Any help on how to resolve this issue would be MUCH appreciated!

It sounds like the folders didn't sync up to the server. Are there any messages in the sync issues folder?
Did you put the folders at the same level as the inbox or as subfolders of the inbox? Some imap servers only support subfolders of the inbox.

Log into your new mailbox using web access and create a folder in it. Where is it synced to in outlook? That is where your server wants the folders. (May need to check imap folders > query and verify it's subscribed).

I've never had to access the webmail before now, and I also previously had the folders on the same level as the Inbox. But, when I went in to create the folder, it nested it under "My Folders." I created a folder, then went to iPhone and it was there. I moved an email into the folder via my iPhone. I subscribed to the new folder Outlook, but now it doesn't show up. And I cannot find the email in Outlook. It's visible on my iPhone and through Webmail, but that's it. There is nothing in the sync issues folder, either.

Who is the mail host? I'll see if i can find out which IMAP server they use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
TomHuckstep Remove Send/Receive All Folders (IMAP/POP) button from Outlook 365 Ribbon Using Outlook 2
kburrows Outlook Email Body Text Disappears/Overlaps, Folders Switch Around when You Hover, Excel Opens Randomly and Runs in the Background - Profile Corrupt? Using Outlook 0
P now on office 365 but getting error messages about missing Outlook 2013 cache folders Using Outlook 2
J Unable to delete folders in Outlook 2019 / Windows Using Outlook 0
J How to import many msg into different public folders in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
I Outlook for Mac 2019 using on desktop and laptop IMAP on both need help with folders Using Outlook 1
C What folders are needed when reinstalling Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
P Color Code or highlight folders in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
R How to Sync *all* Google Workspace Mail Folders with Outlook 2019 (MS365) Using Outlook 3
Witzker print-list-of-outlook-folders with sort posibility Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
C Not sync folders not found after MS Outlook 365 update Using Outlook 1
O The Outlook API wrongfully shows an outlook folder to have zero sub-folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O The Outlook API wrongfully shows an outlook folder to have zero sub-folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Outlook with Office365 - search across account, by date rate, in multiple folders - how? Using Outlook 2
jChambler iCloud folders in Outlook are not the same as on iCloud Using Outlook 6
David Langer Outlook 2016 (365) How to restore the ability to Re-Map iCloud IMAP Folders Using Outlook 5
B Reorder folders in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Copy Outlook Public Folders to a File Server Shared Folder Using Outlook 0
T Some of my folders in outlook.com appear to have vanished, thanks to v1803 Using Outlook 11
e_a_g_l_e_p_i How to set fonts for emails in all folders in Outlook Using Outlook 1
Cdub27 Move Outlook 2016 Contacts to Other Folders - Extremely Slow !! Using Outlook 6
R Folders shifting around in Outlook 2013 and 2016 Using Outlook 3
J Outlook - 2013 - Error msg when copying folders from Online Archives to another user's mailbox Using Outlook 0
O Contacts folders, outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
C Outlook 2016: Searching in all (+public) folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
A Moving archived contents in Outlook 2007 back into working folders Using Outlook 0
S Automatically selecting folders and deleting messages in Outlook VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
Diane Poremsky Print a list of your Outlook folders Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Working with VBA and non-default Outlook Folders Using Outlook 0
Liz Schneider PST from Outlook 2013 is now IMAP folders in 2016 Using Outlook 10
Diane Poremsky Repair a Large Outlook Personal Folders File (over 2GB) Using Outlook 0
R Outlook 2016 not syncing all folders Using Outlook 1
B IMAP folders don't update when Outlook 365 opens Using Outlook 0
T Migrate POP3 Folders and Emails to outlook.com via Outlook 2013 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
K Display sub-folders in body of outlook Using Outlook 1
O Missing guide "Move an Outlook Personal Folders .pst File" Using Outlook 4
B Syncing Office 365 folders to match Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky How to repair a damaged Outlook Personal Folders file (pst) Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Move Messages from File System into Outlook Folders Using Outlook 0
Stuart Buchman Outlook 2013 Office Outlook 2013 NOT downloading all mail, folders, etc from outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
V how get default folders at the outlook 2007? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Easy way to re-import Gmail folders/labels into Outlook? Using Outlook 9
M Outlook mail to agile from specific folders as the mail is received Using Outlook 3
D How to force full message download for all Gmail messages in all folders with IMAP in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
J Dynamic date range for Outlook Search folders Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2010 32-bit Shared folders Using Outlook 1
Commodore Weirdness with iCloud IMAP folders in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 4
C Outlook on Mac & PC Folders not showing up Using Outlook 1
S Moving folders from outlook 2010 to a new computer with outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1