Outlook (Office) 2007 & Windows 10 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalDawn

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
I went to Best Buy to look at the MS Surface Book to replace my aging Sony laptop. There was a Microsoft rep there who was helping me with various questions about the machine. I happened to mention that I use Office 2007 and she said it wasn't compatible with Windows 10 Pro.

This can't be the case can it? I never read anywhere that this could be a problem.

Thanks.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
It will work on windows 10 but it is not "supported" - that just means it's out of the official support channels and if it doesn't work, you're on your own. Microsoft will not help you or issue patches or updates for it.

That said, I'm not aware of any issues that would prevent you from using (a lot of people still use it)- but it is getting old and 'long in the tooth', and it won't be getting security updates. An upgrade would be better, especially with hot new hardware. If you were just upgrading the os on your current laptop or had outlook 2010 I'd say keep it.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I think you'll have pretty good odds that it will work fine, like, oh, 99.9999%. :)

DigitalDawn

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Diane,

One other thing.....

How do I re-use an old copy of Office 2007 on the new computer? I plan on removing it from my old laptop. Will the serial number still work on the new machine?

Thanks

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You have the install disk? That's all you need - as long as you haven't activated it too many times in the last 6 months, you should be fine and the "cd key" should work on the new computer. You don't need to remove it from the old one or do anything to un-register it before installing it on the new one.

If the new computer doesn't have a dvd drive, you can copy the install files to a usb stick. If you have an iso of 2007, copy that to the new computer and mount it in Explorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.