Create Rule For Secondary E-Mail Address In Outlook 2016

Tomohawk

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I am using Outlook 2016 and I have three e-mail addresses. I want to create a rule in one of my secondary e-mail inboxes. How can I do that? Also, I want to specify this rule relating to an incoming mail from a specific e-mail address (not in my address book).

Thanks,
T

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Open Manage Rules and alerts - at the top is a dropdown listing your accounts - select the one you want to apply it to. If all are POP3, they might be listed together. When you create the rule, choose the Apply rule to messages i receive then select the conditions. If the address also sends to the other accounts and they are all listed together in apply rules to list, choose the condition for through specified account. Use Words in the senders address condition and enter the full address.

Tomohawk

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
There is no drop-down list when I open Manage Rules and Alerts. I'm assuming that is because I have my inbox hightlighted in the left pane and it assumes that I am making a rule for that account only. For info, all three addresses are POP3.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'm guessing it's because they are stored in the default data file and share the rules. It will still work - and if the address you want to filter sends to more than one account, choose the account in conditions.

rules.png