Outlook 2013 Odd Folder View Problem

PetraTech

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I'm running Outlook 2013 as an IMAP on Windows 10 and using iCloud.

I was having a problem with the iCloud add-in not loading and so I uninstalled iCloud and reinstalled. Then I lost my Contacts (this computer only) and Calendar (this computer only). Normally when I save a contact, I just moved it to my iCloud contacts. Then when I was saving meetings, I couldn't find them.

Finally I found my missing Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks under the Trash Folder. The only way that I can see these folders is when I click on the IMAP account, then in the Outlook Today, I have to click on Calendar. Then it opens up all the folders (with different icons) and I can see the missing folders under Trash.

However, when I click on the Mail link on the bottom left of the screen, it changes view and I can't see the missing folders.

What's really odd is that the file properties all point to the same location.

This is a screenshot of the default folders:
upload_2016-7-6_12-10-53.png

This is a screenshot of the view I would like to have and the deleted folders:
upload_2016-7-6_12-12-31.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much, Robert

Attachments

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Finally I found my missing Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks under the Trash Folder.
iCloud now moves those folders to trash when the IMAP account is set up as the default and you sign in to iCloud.

When you click the mail link, you only see Mail folders. If you want to see all folders, you need to use the Folder list view - Ctrl+6 will open it or the folder name or icon at the bottom of the navigation pane. Click the 3 dots if you don't see the folder icon.

folder-list.png

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
i think icloud does it to reduce confusion - this removes them from the Calendar pane.