Customize meeting form. Private notices

apatic

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello!
We use the exchange server. Our top chief has several assistants who work with his calendar. They create appointments and send invites. They ask to add the simple text field where they can write private notices which shouldn't be sent to another invited people. It should be displayed just for people who have access their calendar (assistants + chief).
My problem is that this field syncs with other invited people.
It it possible to change that?
Thx in advance!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
if the invites are sent as Outlook calendar events, this is expected as it has all of the outlook properties. An ical (internet calendar format) would avoid this problem, but would only be used outside the exchange server.

if they don't typically update messages, they could add the comments after it's sent. (a macro could make this easier.)

apatic

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi. Thank you for the response.
May be there is an opportunity to predefine visible settings of this field when you open appointment? I mean to display this field only if you are a creator of this appointment or something like that?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
you can set fields visible or not, and should be able to change it using code, but if the code doesn't run for some reason, I'm not sure if it will show or not. (It should not show if the default is don't show, but then the organizer might not be able to see it.) I'll look into it.