Deleting items in folders doesnt send them to deleted items!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Marsh

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi - When I delete an email in an outlook folder it doesn't send it to deleted items so is deleted for good? How can I change this so that when I delete and email it goes to deleted items the same way as when you delete one from Inbox?

Paul Marsh

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Rewritten as typo before!: Hi - When I delete an email in an outlook folder it doesn't send it to deleted items so is deleted for good? How can I change this so that when I delete an email it goes to deleted items the same way as when you delete one from Inbox?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
It's supposed to do that. What type of email account do you use? Are you deleting from mail folders or Outlook special folders? If you go to the folder list, then deleted items, do you see them? (Ctrl+6 to jump to the folder list, Ctrl+1 takes you back to the mail list.)

Paul Marsh

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi - I'm deleting emails out of a normal mail folder but they don't go to deleted items, they are vanishing

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
This is with an imap account? What are the settings for deleted items in File, Account Settings, double click on the account then More Settings - look on the advanced tab for the purge options.

Status
Not open for further replies.