• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Selecting "Mileage" field on "Detail" page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi
I'm looking to paste text from an Outlook task notes section into the Mileage field on the Details page. Or I could just update the contents of the Mileage field.

Having trouble finding the right objects. Seems like a simple sub. Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks! Steve.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
F2 in the VBA editor will bring up the object model reference which can be helpful in finding field names.

Is the value you want from the body the only thing in the body field?

The macro here gives the basic format - Working with All Items in a Folder or Selected Items

You'd use the .mileage field name
With obj
.Mileage = "whatever"
.Save
End With

With obj
.Mileage = .body
.Save
End With

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Thanks Diane,
"Is it the only thing in the text field?"
Not sure of the Q, but do not want to transfer all text from the Task notes to the Mileage field

I want to transfer just the text on the same line as my curser in the task notes to the mileage field.
Eg.
__ Follow up with Dave on open issue
__ Call John and give summary from Dave

where the curser is at position 1 of the "Dave" line

I was hoping there may be a reference similar to the excel code below to move the curser to the Mileage field
sheets ("Sheet 2").select

Steve.

F2 in the VBA editor will bring up the object model reference which can be helpful in finding field names.

Is the value you want from the body the only thing in the body field?

The macro here gives the basic format - Working with All Items in a Folder or Selected Items

You'd use the .mileage field name
With obj
.Mileage = "whatever"
.Save
End With

With obj
.Mileage = .body
.Save
End With

Status
Not open for further replies.