Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Miller

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi
I'm looking to paste text from an Outlook task notes section into the Mileage field on the Details page. Or I could just update the contents of the Mileage field.

Having trouble finding the right objects. Seems like a simple sub. Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks! Steve.

F2 in the VBA editor will bring up the object model reference which can be helpful in finding field names.

Is the value you want from the body the only thing in the body field?

The macro here gives the basic format - Working with All Items in a Folder or Selected Items

You'd use the .mileage field name
With obj
.Mileage = "whatever"
.Save
End With

With obj
.Mileage = .body
.Save
End With

Thanks Diane,
"Is it the only thing in the text field?"
Not sure of the Q, but do not want to transfer all text from the Task notes to the Mileage field

I want to transfer just the text on the same line as my curser in the task notes to the mileage field.
Eg.
__ Follow up with Dave on open issue
__ Call John and give summary from Dave

where the curser is at position 1 of the "Dave" line

I was hoping there may be a reference similar to the excel code below to move the curser to the Mileage field
sheets ("Sheet 2").select

Steve.

F2 in the VBA editor will bring up the object model reference which can be helpful in finding field names.

Is the value you want from the body the only thing in the body field?

The macro here gives the basic format - Working with All Items in a Folder or Selected Items

You'd use the .mileage field name
With obj
.Mileage = "whatever"
.Save
End With

With obj
.Mileage = .body
.Save
End With

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Saving emails using Visual Basic - Selecting folder with msoFileDialogFolderPicker Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
K Selecting a folder from an entry in a Listbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Selecting multiple calendar items Using Outlook 4
M Selecting folder with msoFileDialogFolderPicker Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Automatically selecting folders and deleting messages in Outlook VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
S Creating Email - Selecting Pre-Defined Text Using Outlook 2
P Selecting specific calendar from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
RalphG101 No indication of attachment, when selecting file, send to outlook. Using Outlook 0
A Auto Insert of filename when selecting 'Remove Attachment' Using Outlook 1
R VBScript Sendmail not selecting correct 'from' address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
230Grains iCloud COM Module Keeps de-selecting in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
F Automatically close email after selecting mark unread Using Outlook 1
S categories are being cut off after selecting from category pop up form Using Outlook 3
S Outlook Custom form - selecting text in read page Using Outlook 0
V Selecting multiple folders Using Outlook 2
D Selecting shared calendar for appointment/meeting templates Using Outlook 2
B MS Office 2010: Word email merge not selecting default Outlook account Using Outlook 1
M Outllook vba - selecting a folder Using Outlook 1
C Selecting days in business notes BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
A Pull mail without marking and processing, only by selecting it Using Outlook 1
S List Box - Selecting Multiple Items (Saving) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook 365 Custom forms field limit? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Witzker Set Cursor & Focus from any field to the body of a user Contact form in OL 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Combination Field (Date Format) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Add a text line at the end of the note field in all selected Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
M copy field value to custom field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J images on note field display fraction of size Using Outlook 5
C Automatically Insert Recipient Name from To Field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J How to create a drop down user defined field that will appear on an inbox view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
C Move or copy from field to field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Filter-Query Builder-Description - what field name to use? Using Outlook 4
J VBA Cannot programmatically input or change Value for User Defined field Using Outlook 1
justicefriends How to set a flag to follow up using VBA - for addressee in TO field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
N Contact Form Notes Field Touch vs Mouse Using Outlook 0
S CONTACT FIELD PRINT ORDER Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Checking for empty field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
V Update new custom field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
HappyDaddy007 "Size" on field chooser/column displaying incorrect value Using Outlook 3
A Is there an ID field you can use to pair a reply to the sent email? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Information from user defined field into Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
I Outlook 2003 shows html code when To: field is empty Using Outlook 7
Terry Sullivan Sender's Name Doesn't Appear in the From Field on Outlook 365/IMAP Using Outlook 2
D Outlook Contacts Notes Field Photos to Smartphone Using Outlook 0
S Custom Field Cannot Be Displayed In Views Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Terry Sullivan Sender Field Displays My E-Mail Address, Not My Name Using Outlook 1
S Create a clickable custom column field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B User defined field for messages with 'me' in the [To], [Cc] line Using Outlook 0