Outlook 2007 or 2010 - Lock Down Functionality

RayZ

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
I have a somewhat unusual work environment - inmates. They're not allowed to have email. Outlook of course has a lot of other features, like calendar, tasks, etc. I know I can install it without setting up the ability to send/receive, but they can still create .msg files. I need to be able to prevent them from doing even that much.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'm not aware of any way to prevent them from creating messages - it is possible to have macros delete the messages but a smart people could figure out how to get around that.

Actually... this might work - Use Group Policy to disable commands - set a policy to block features. As long as they don't use an admin account (and you lock it down so they can't), they can't disable features.

RayZ

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Thanks! I'll look at it closer. A quick look at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0 = I don't have 12.0 there. Maybe we're not pushing any MS Office policies.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
you can use the policy key on any computer - if it (or any keys in the path) don't exist, you need to create it.