Outlook 2016 and Numerous Prompts to Save Emails

Elsie

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
We are seeing an issue where users are prompted to save emails that have already been closed and saved in the Drafts folders when closing Outlook 2016. They are being prompted to save emails that are not open. I experience this myself. I close any open emails, and then when I close Outlook, sometimes I am prompted multiple times to save an email draft. My Auto Save time is set to 4 minutes. Has anyone seen this?

Elsie

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
We use Symantec. We also have Workshare Professional as our metadata tool add-in. Have you seen people report this with these types of add-ins?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I haven't seen this exact problem, but Symantec is known to cause issues in Outlook. I'm not familiar with Workshare, but in looking at the description, it's my suspect. Does it integrate with outlook? Do the messages have attachments that are in workshare? Are all email affected?

Does the problem occur if you close outlook and restart in Safe mode? To open Outlook in Safe mode: Close Outlook then hold Ctrl as you click on the Outlook icon. You'll get a message asking if you want to start in Safe mode. Click Ok.