Can't expose sender email address when linking outlook to access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Tyrrell

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I am trying to link emails received in outlook 2016 to an access 2010 database, the clients records in the database are identified by their unique email addresses and I wish to link the client records and the linked outlook tables by exposing the "sender email field" in the outlook records. I have used Diane's excellent solution to expose the sender address in outlook but when I link the inbox to access it only links\exposes predefined fields and "Sender Email" is not one of them. Any suggestions very welcome.

Does it link to the 4 user fields? If so, copy the address to one of those field (User1 - User4). (It's been forever since i last linked to access and i don't recall if it does all fields or a subset.)

Does it link to the 4 user fields? If so, copy the address to one of those field (User1 - User4). (It's been forever since i last linked to access and i don't recall if it does all fields or a subset.)
Hi Daine
Thanks for coming back to me. The issue is that I have over a thousand emails in my Outlook inbox and corresponding client records in Access, I use Access to record phone calls, assets held and link into to other third party data suppliers and wanted to create a linked table into Outlook Inbox so as to be able to see email received from the clients also, ergo linking on Sender Email address which would qualify as a one to many between the client record and the linked Inbox table.
You have identified the issue in your reply, the Linked Table Wizard in Access only exposes a predefined subset of the Outlook fields available regardless of the "columns displayed format" chosen in Outlook.

I imagine what I need to do is to find some way to define which fields are exposed in the linked table subset which links to Access.

As far as I know, you can't change the fields that are linked. If you are only working in mail, then my user1 - user4 fields won't work as they are contacts, not mail, fields. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Outlook 2019 Help with forwarding email without mentioning the previous email sender. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook 365 Copy/Save Emails in Folder Outside Outlook to Show Date Sender Recipient Subject in Header Using Outlook 0
L Checking Sender Email Address for trusted domain from list on intranet Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
F Forward incoming email with 4 embedded images in the body without original sender Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 22
R Capture Sender's Display name and Address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T Junk Email does not get added to the Blocked Sender List Using Outlook 0
M How create a Rule to filter sender's email with more that one @ sign Using Outlook 1
F Junk Email does not get added to the Blocked Sender List Using Outlook 4
U Outlook 2016 Outlook 2016 sender name Using Outlook 1
C Macro to extract sender name & subject line of incoming emails to single txt file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Terry Sullivan Sender's Name Doesn't Appear in the From Field on Outlook 365/IMAP Using Outlook 2
K Use VBA to find Sender and Recipient from Microsfot 365 Journaled Email Items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Terry Sullivan Sender Field Displays My E-Mail Address, Not My Name Using Outlook 1
J Autoreply email recieved from specific sender after deleting some text from body. Using Outlook 0
D Reply with a template loose the sender's embedded image Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Outlook 2016 How tell Outlook not to trust sender? Using Outlook 1
M Screen Scrape Sender IP Address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
S Meeting Invite arrives from Wrong ("send-as") Sender Using Outlook 1
icacream Rule based on sender / wrong sender sent to folder Using Outlook 7
D Moving Emails Based on Recipient/Sender Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B Looking to filter (or just find/search) for only messages that the sender has sent more than 1 messa Using Outlook 2
I How to display sender's name instead of email address in outlook 2013 message Using Outlook 5
A Sort emails into subfolders based on sender and deleting emails automatically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Display Sender As Contact Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Ed Sheehan Unusual behaviour in setting Sender (Outlook 2016) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Auto Forward - Include Attachment and change Subject depending on original sender Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Q Undisclosed recipients does not include sender Using Outlook 1
M Move new mail to folder based on sender address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Inserting sender name and address with vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Blocked Sender List @Domain Not Working Using Outlook 0
P MS OUTLOOK 2013 - Adding Sender on the CC line Using Outlook 5
J Saving attachments from specific sender (phone number) to specific folder on hard drive Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Use VBA to create an Outlook Search Folder for Sender Using Outlook 0
K Extract email to excel from a specific sender Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Change sender name outlook vba 2010 Custom Userform Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O See recent emails from a sender Using Outlook 2
S announce email sender and subject when new email arrives... Using Outlook 7
K check for sender, follow to my personal adress and delete the sent folder. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Mail delivery failed returning message to sender Using Outlook 1
K Outlook moves sender's mail, but there is no rule Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Sort messages by Sender domain Using Outlook 1
B Find related messages to sender Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
B Find Related Emails to sender Using Outlook 1
Simon How does the sender/organizer to dictate the color of a meeting invitation. Using Outlook 3
V move emails to windows folder and show sender details Using Outlook 7
L Adding sender's e-mail to global address book DL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M How to call custom email form when sender = x Using Outlook 3
Digitally Hip Outlook 2010 (32) and Exchange 2010 (sp3) sender info not displaying in Outlook Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2013 Multi Accounts set Default different calendar Sender Using Outlook 2