Outlook 2016 Rules Not Working Automatically

Mize

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I built a new rule in Outlook.Com to place email in a folder if certain conditions were met. I'm running a Microsoft Exchange account. I see that Outlook.com migrates the rule to Outlook 2016 desktop. The rule isn't working when mail arrives either at the server or desktop; however, I can go to the folder containing the targeted email and click Run Rules Now and the rule behaves as designed.

I'd like some feedback as to possible causes for why this rule isn't working AUTOMATICALLY either at the server or desktop before I dive into the Microsoft Support abyss.

Thanks...

Mize

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Diane....thanks for your quick response. I viewed the rule and the word "client" was not posted behind the name in the wizard. I deleted the rule in Outlook 2016. I went to Outlook.com and deleted the rule. I added the rule again but only in Outlook 2016. I'll monitor and see if it works automatically now.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
deleting it in outlook should have removed it online, unless there was some corruption in the rules cache. If so, this would cause problems with the rule.

Mize

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
The rule appears to be working correctly now in Outlook 2016. Thanks for your guidance.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hello

I am joining to this quite old discussion, but the name is exact for my problem.
Today I had installed my Office 2016 and have try to set some rules for my Outlook.
For example - when I receive a mail on a special account the mail have to be movet to a special folder.
If I start the rule manually - it works. But when I receive a mail - it stays at the main folder and if I don't run the rule by hand - it's not working.

Some sugestions?

Just for info - I am a member of the Insider program, but I don't think this have something together...