MS OFFICE 2013 - Outlook locking up when using the sent on behalf of feature in VB

Peter Berlin

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hello.

I am using Office 2013. I have a excel file that I run a macro and attaches an attachment in Outlook.

I am using the sent on behalf of name command within the vb. Everything works great. (the email is saved in the drafts folder which I want it to do)

.SentOnBehalfOfName =

But when I go into Outlook and go the the draft folder, and hover over the email, within 15 seconds or sooo, Outlook stops responding. If I quickly delete the email, everything is fine. (but my draft email is gone)

Any ideas?? Please help..... Thanks !!

Peter Berlin

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
No it doesn't go away. I did move the .display right after the .sentonbehalfofname and it seems to be working now. Now my next question is, I am getting the "This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator. You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user. Error is [0x80070005-0x0004dc-0x000524]."

Were do I need to set the send of behalf permissions on the shared mailbox? Can I do this on the client or does it need to be setup on the server? Thanks!!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Send as permissions need to be set on the mailbox on the server.

The mailbox in question is Exchange, correct? I have not tested it with SMTP servers.