Move email accounts to new laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sealilly

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I periodically change computers and I am able to "move" Outlook 2016 with the PST file and have all my saved emails, however it seems I need to recreate my pop3 email accounts manually. Is there a workaround for this? I have 9 email accounts (long story) and I receive and send via these different email addresses. Perhaps the email account info is stored somewhere other than the pst?

You could try exporting the profile key from the registry. This works better to restore them on the same computer, but if it fails or is buggy, the worst that can happen is you'll need a new profile. Also, I'm assuming you are moving the pst between computers (not using export, but copying the pst) - this will keep some things, like junk mail settings.

It's in the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Profiles\[profile name] [- then you only need to enter the passwords. You will need to 'repoint' the accounts to the correct pst files before using outlook. Then verify the address book is working correctly (when you click To). But keep in mind, if anything about the profile seems buggy, you may want to make a new one. (Suddenly, using autodiscover to o add them seems about as fast. :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook 2019 Automatically move email after assigning category Using Outlook 4
J Quick steps delete original email and move reply/sent email to folder Using Outlook 2
F VBA to move email from Non Default folder to Sub folders as per details given in excel file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
S Macro to move “Re:” & “FWD:” email recieved the shared inbox to a subfolder in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Move Email with Attachment to Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Move email items based on a list of email addresses Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 40
O On click,I want to change subject line of selected mail and then reply to particular email and move Using Outlook 3
L Making rule to move email to folder from one O365 domain Using Outlook 1
S Send email via SMTP - use transport rules to add to senders inbox (then rule to move to sent items Exchange Server Administration 1
acpete48317 Categorize and move Outlook Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky Create Tasks from Email and move to different Task folders Using Outlook 0
O VBA Move EMail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Move email to folder Using Outlook 1
P move a specified email "From" tag items to a certain folder whenever there is "New Mail" in the inbo Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
G email returns after running macro to move emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Outlook 2013 - Email Gets Sent - But Does Not Move From Outbox to Sent Box Using Outlook 4
D Move email to same folder as the rest of the conversation Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2003 I need to move email to folder based on subject, using wild card Using Outlook 0
K Outlook Cached Mode - can't create rules to move email to another mailbox Using Outlook 2
D User cannot move email messages within Outlook Inbox folder and sub-folders. Using Outlook 0
S Rule to move BCC email to a folder Using Outlook 6
B Move Sent Email to archival pst folder and mark as read - HOW TO Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
V move read email based on date and sender Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
V Move email using the Close event Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
H Move Selected emails to Local Drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Outlook 365 (OutLook For Mac)Move "On My Computer" Folder Items From Old To New Mac Computer Using Outlook 3
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
humility36 Cannot move emails to archive - 440 error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Trying to move messages between imap accounts/folders Using Outlook 5
M Move command Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
C Code to move mail with certain attachment name? Does Not work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Move emails from one account to another Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N How to add or delete items to Move dropdown Menu Using Outlook 0
Commodore Unable to move message Using Outlook 3
N Line to move origEmail to subfolder within a reply macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Move or copy from field to field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Outlook 365 Move newly created tasks automatically on save. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
NVDon Create new Move To Folder list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Print attachments automatically and move the mail to an existing folder called "Ted" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T Macro to move reply and original message to folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
F Excel VBA to move mails for outlook 365 on secondary mail account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Dopey move - deleted profile Using Outlook 1
GregS Outlook 2016 Move Outlook to new computer? Using Outlook 4
Witzker Macro to move @domain.xx of a Spammail to Blacklist in Outlook 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
G Move tasks up/down todo list by VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Outlook Macro to move reply mail based on the key word in the subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Eike Move mails via macro triggered by the click of a button? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Cannot Move Autocomplete File to New Computer Using Outlook 15