Cannot Connect to BCM database

lrnikkon

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
We have been running BCM 2010 with outlook 2010 on a Windows 10 pc for months without problems . Database is located on a different PC. Until recently we cannto connect to the server database. tried everything,..

getting the following error message. :

"you attempt to connect to the remote computer (server) where the database is stored.

(user) has not been granted access to the remote computer (server).

the owner of the database you want to use has not granted access.

Mike005

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I've tried everything. I've been using BCM since 2007 so I'm familiar with a variety of technical issues, but I'm really stuck now. I haven't been able to successfully share the database for 2 months now. I've even reinstalled windows 10 on all machines several times with no luck. Win 10 Pro, BCM and Outlook 2013.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
can you ping the other computer and connect to it in Explorer (type \\computer-name in the windows explorer address bar)
Is the bcm db on a computer someone is using for BCM or a server? if the db is not being used locally, verify sql services are running.

Best guess is the firewall on either or both is blocking SQL ports.

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Although i coud not fix the issue, ended up reformatting the server to get BCM working, for those facing the same issue, uninstalling KB3213986 seems to fix the problem. I believe new security measures were implemented with the update which prevents from BCM users from authenticating with any other user account then local administrator.