How to enable outlook room finder (outlook connector (mapi)) user ?

Apple Pen

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Hi, I would like to ask how to enable room finder and how to browse room to set up for my meeting through outlook 2016. My email account does not use exchange server but used on outlook connector (mapi) through google apps sync. I check through through customise ribbons found that the room finder is unable to select due to under graying.

Attachments

Apple Pen

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
So, is there anyway I can link outlook connector (mapi) account to the usage of exchange server ? Since I am the user of outlook connector (mapi) without the exchange account. I hope there is a best way for me to create meeting in outlook 2016 with availability room created in google calendar. Thank you.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
im not aware of any way to do that. at most, you'd see fre/busy, if the room's free/busy is published and outlook knows where to look. This would show up on the scheduling tab when you add the room to the appointment. you can set the room's free/busy url if you look on the details tab of the room's contact. You'l need to check with google to find out what url to use for the free/busy path.

You other option is migrating to office 365 - cost is about the same - $4 per month per user for mail only (room mailboxes are free) or $5 a month for email, sharepoint, 1T onedrive (expandable to 5T), skype for business. Plans can mix and match if users have different needs.