How to get Meeting Invitations into Outlook.com calendar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brynn

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi Diane,

Forgive me if this has been asked already. When meeting invitations are accepted by my colleague (using Outlook on his desktop), they are stored in the "this computer only" calendar. We need the meetings to be stored in the Outlook.com calendar so that I can see them too.

I believe his Outlook.com account has been moved over to the new format (is that EAS? now called outlook.live.com).

Can you tell me in baby steps how we can set it up so that the appointments are automatically stored into his outlook.com calendar (which is already set up in Outlook and selected as the default data file).

THANK YOU! You've always been a great help to me in the past.

Brynn

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
this tells me you have an imap account and the imap data file is set as default - meetings sent to this address go into the calendar associated with the date file. Set the outlook.com data file as the default (data file only - leave the email account as is) then close outlook and delete the imap ost. outlook will create a new one without the calendar and contacts folders. Before you do this, make sure the 'this computer only' folders are empty.
More info is here - What you need to know about IMAP Accounts in Outlook 2013/2016

Brynn

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi Diane,

First of all, THANK you for your reply and help. We followed the directions in the "What you need to know about IMAP Accounts...." article.

We appeared to have success, in that the "this computer only" calendar disappeared, and when my colleague accepts a meeting invitation it goes into his one calendar (note in the image below the 3:30pm meeting "Testing Calendar Outlook" is in the light blue Calendar - nathan@nbTRF.com... which is his outlook.com calendar as viewed through Outlook on his laptop).

The problem is, the meeting still doesn't show up in the outlook.com calendar when I log into his account online:

Any suggestions?? I need to be able see the appointments he adds from meeting request.

Many thanks in advance!

Brynn

Status
Not open for further replies.