Outlook 2010 moved the Outlook CST file - All subfolders lost

DAVID A

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I decided to move the Microsoft Outlook folder with the CST file in it...
Because I am a massive idiot - I did not think to check first, before moving it
(from My Documents to a deeper location in my folders).

I noticed that when I (tried to) move it, it became duplicated (one folder still in my documents and one in the new location), so I deleted the 'dupe' folder. The remaining (what I thought was the) original folder properties states 58mb in size, which suggests its got not much in it, but the CST file is there...

When I go to my email account in Outlook, all the sub folders I created have disappeared. I only have spam, deleted, sent and archive - All empty.
Im using Outlook 2010 in Windows 7 premium. The account is a pop receive only set up.

HHHHHEEELLLLPPPP!

veronana

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
Indeed the recycle bin, and using Windows Explorer to look in folders; the programs you used are not designed to search for files; especially programs like Elements, which uses a catalog is not what you need now. Moving files confuses PS Elements organiser enough to make it seem like you lost files, while they're actually there. When things go wrong, use the basic tools provided in Windows itself (explorer, search).
For file recovery programs, I've use Software for Recovering Deleted Files on a few occassions; it's free and it works as good as can be expected. The main thing is to stop using the external hard disk until you use this tool, and avoid writing any files to it.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Definitely check the Recycle bin first - if you emptied the recycle bin, you will need to use a file recovery program but the chances of recovery go down as time passes - windows writes to the hard drive and overwrites the file.