VBA to Run Font Change on Outlook Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlook Rookie

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
I need a VBA script that will run a font change macro from the File/Options/Mail/Stationary and Fonts/New Mail/Replying Mail/and Composing functions when I launch Outlook. I can change the fonts as needed, but for now let’s use Courier, Blue, Size 14. Presently I need to do this manually on each log in. The settings stay if I close Outlook but don’t log off. I don’t mind running the macro on each Outlook Launch. I’m using Windows and Office 2013.

I’ve tried the “Hello World” macro and other font change macros but they are limited and not what I need.

Please be detailed as possible in the instructions as I am not an advanced VBA or Outlook user.

Thanks.

OR

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Is this a corporate computer with a group policy setting the fonts? That would be the main reason the font changes don't stick. The other reason would be updates waiting to install - make the change right after rebooting then reboot gain.

I'll need to look and see if i have any macros that do this - i have one that changes it on (some) incoming mail but it won't work on new messages.

This sample does it for the selected text - Use Word Macro to Apply Formatting to Email - this could be changed to select all then change the font.

This does something when a new item opens - Use a Default Subject for New Messages - it shouldn't be too hard to change the font here.

Status
Not open for further replies.