• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Outlook 2010 Problems connecting to BCM

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
We are running Office/BCM 2010 and had a machine previously working and upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro from Home via the Windows store and in the process the user account changed from a local account to a Windows account. We changed the account back to local but it still isn't able to connect to BCM (getting the user hasn't been granted access or password mismatch messages). We've checked the passwords on both, and also created a new computer user account on both the workstation and server (also Win10 Pro) but still getting the same message. The firewalls are both turned off on both. All of the accounts are local administrators and we did reshare the database for the new account.

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Did you ever find a solution for this? I've been pulling my hour out for hours now :(

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Nope and oddly my machine just started getting the same message on Monday, and no configuration changes were made on my machine or the server...

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
After spending over 10 hours on this and posting questions on SQL forums, etc..for which no one was able to answer, i've pretty much given up :(

Are you able to hit the database when logged in with the Administrator account like me? I can mount the database just fine with the Admin account, yet any other account with Admin priviledges cannot..go figure!! Funny thing is all users come up with proper priviledges in SQL also..

Wish Diane could help us out with this :(

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
KB3200970 & KB3213986 are the problem, i believe uninstalling them will fix the problem.

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
From my findings looks like the problem arises after the installation of update KB3200970 which addresses a security vulnerability, this update prevents users from accessing the BCM database unless the user is the "Administrator" account. Going over all users in SQL and comparing, nothing can be noticed thus the problem is a windows issue and not an SQL issue.

I formatted the server and installed Win 10 from scratch, BCM database started workign until KB3200970 got installed once again. I believe the update affects DCOM permissions.

Unfortunately this issue surpasses my level of expertese and i don't wanna misguide anyone, but perhaps another factor would be the hardening SAM remote access:

TechNet SAMRi10 - Hardening SAM Remote Access in Windows 10/Server 2016

I have stopped all updated ont he server as i had no more time to allocate for this issue, hopefully others can develop my findings for a complete solution / workaround.