SearchPublicFolders program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Forster

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello, bit of a long shot this but I thought I can only ask. I am having issues with Searching Public Folders within Exchange 2016 and I have been trying to find software that might help and came across Searchpublicfolders.exe on slapstick.com which looks quite old and does state that its Windows 7 compatible and had not been tested for Outlook 2010. So its a very long shot of it possibly working with Windows 10 and Exchange 2016.

The first issue is that component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' was missing, which I resolved. I got it working and it does look like it could be a very useful utility. But it sometimes crashes, with the following error message.

'Run-Time Error 438:
Object doesn't support this property or method

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guessing its because it was written for a different version of mscomctl, possibly relating to the differences between 32 and 64 bit. Not sure if there is a solution without recompiling it... do any of the other search utilities support PF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Recommendation for PST repair program Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 365 Bad experience with KernelAPPS PST Repair program Using Outlook 0
P anyone use 4n6' Eudora Conversion program or other programs? Using Outlook 1
P How to clear out all contacts in iCloud, so I can use iCloud-based sync program Using Outlook 1
S Email Generated from another program and then edited sends original email. Using Outlook 2
J Program Checkbox that will activate a text box in a Outlook fallible form. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Outlook "A program is trying to access Outlook" Using Outlook 3
Andrew Quirl Open attachment, manipulate without add-on program? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Diane Poremsky To Change the Default E-mail Program in Windows Using Outlook 0
I There is no email program associated to perform requested action Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Trial/Beta program for BCM replacement BCM (Business Contact Manager) 8
J it goes like outlook has stopped working, a problem caused the program to stop working correctly, wi Using Outlook 2
J My Outlook program has stopped receiving. I can still send Using Outlook 1
C New version of MFCMAPI program Using Outlook 0
K A program is trying to send an e-mail message on your behalf... Using Outlook 1
A outlook 2007 - there is no email program associated ... Using Outlook 3
F Default Program for Opening .pst Files ? Using Outlook 6
A Outlook-Program Not Closing Properly Using Outlook 10
B How to remove an old program from the Tools dropdown? Using Outlook 7
D How to set permissions to allow external program to send an email? Using Outlook 0
T getting an error This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. C Using Outlook 7
N The add-in "C:\program files\google\google desktop search\googledesktopO..." could not be installed Using Outlook 32
R Access Program Only Looping Part Way Through Outlook Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Allow or Deny when a Program tries to send an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R how to (re)set the default data file for Outlook in a VB program Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Program won't end in Win7 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook 2003 - A program is trying to access e-mail addresses Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D Running a Program from Custom Action Rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Email Organizer Program Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G GAL program acces in outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H Program "Click on Ribbon Button" Using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Program email save as text file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Run external program from Outlook VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N How to attach a file with MS Outlook, from a program? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Q why this program doesn't work if Outlook is not manually launched? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
V how to switchoff program access message in outlook 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V "A program has attachment filename open" Message returns Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Program Compatibility Issue - Outlook 2003 BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4