Accessing calendar items for Resource Mailboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Has anyone tried and succeeded in accessing via VB.Net and Outlook Programming to programmatically check the contents of a resources calendar, for checking what events have been made by users.

So example is that a school is using a room resource in Exchange or O365, to reserve a room for meetings or events. Outlook handles this nicely, and confirms rejects bookings based on if the room is free.

However a VB.net app needs to display the availability of the resource to users without them manually checking the calendar themselves.

Is this possible? I have tried to use the following code (it works for real mailboxes, but not for resource ones it seems):
objDummy = objApp.CreateItem(Outlook.OlItemType.olMailItem)
objRecip = objDummy.Recipients.Add(strName)
objRecip.Resolve()
objFolder = objNS.GetSharedDefaultFolder(objRecip, Outlook.OlDefaultFolders.olFolderCalendar)

Any ideas or thoughts, would be much appreciated.
Justin

Justin

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Diane,

Thanks for the response. Appears that the issue was down to Exchange security issues. I had to add the outlook profile to the admin permissions and then wait for 24hrs for the system to synchronise.

Now it has been set correctly. I am able to use the normal resolve methods as if I am reading a colleagues mailbox. Had me stumped as the error message wasn't very helpful.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.