VBA outlook, detect priority emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touzani

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
hello,

Please I need your help, I'm trying to detect some priority emails on outlook but the problem is that when I tried to use "conditional formatting" by selection in conditions to find the world "priority:critical" in this kind of emails :

dear ..;

> UK_ ORION_IPA STP LIMITS -_Revert IFO IPA STP Limit to Zero
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> Key: ITECM-17763

> URL: XXXX
> Project: XXXX
> Issue Type: Production Incident
> Components: XXX
> Environment: Production
> Reporter: XXXX
> Assignee: XXXX
> Priority: Critical

Outlook can't detect the world: "Priority: Critical" . The goal is for me, to change the color of the priority emails to try to solve it the earlier as I can.
I tried many solutions to find a solution on the internet, but unfortunately, no one talks about this kind of problem.
Please if someone can give me a solution or just an idea to start with to solve this problem. I'm thinking also to use a macro on VBA to find the world on different mails that I receive , but i didn't find how to do it.

Thanks for your help guys.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
"priority:critical"
Not sure if this is just typing here or if its in the rule like this, but copy the words from the message body to create the formatting rule so you get the right number of spaces between words.

If it won't work with the copied words, look at the message source - are they one phrase or is there html coding in between?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
FWIW, it's not detecting either word alone here when i test it on the emailed copy of this post, but does work (using Priority: Critical) if i copy and paste the blue text into a new message.

Change a test message to plain text format and see if it highlights it.

BTW, I'm using the advanced tab to create the Message filter - not sure it matters though.

Touzani

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Hello Diane ,
Thanks you for your reply, I tried the same, when I copy only the "Priority: Critical" and send it on a new email, it's worked for me and outlook can then detect the world . But, when the world "Priority: Critical " is inside whole the email, outlook can't detect it, the problem is that I can't modify the email, this is an automatically email that I received all day, and I need to classify the priority .

Anyway thanks a lot for your help,

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
in looking the source
Code:
Assignee: XXXX<br>&gt;            Priority: Critical</span>
on the email generated from this post, it does have spans - but that should be usable in the view.

Status
Not open for further replies.