Bcc help - Preventing multiple forwards from a bcc'd distribution group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Gentry

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I'm in need of some help solving a headache at the company I work for.

Our clients have multiple service providers, my company being one of them. They often send process change requests and general announcements to all of their service providers at once, blind copying the recipients.
We've never been able to get our clients to send all announcements to the same email address, although most do, which, in my company is a client services distribution group.

Because there's little confidence that the clients are sending to one distribution group in my company, combined with the bcc'ing of all recipients, we end up with the headache of several folks who received the bcc email forwarding the same email to the distribution group, just to be sure that it ended up in the correct place. This causes quite the headache and creates so much unnecessary noise.
I've been told that we are not going to look to replacing the distribution group with a shared email, which would solve the issue, but introduces the headache of users deleting things that others need to see (pesky humans! :) ).
So, I'm curious - what solutions could be possible to help us stop the annoyance and inefficiency of the same email being forwarded to the distribution group 15 times? If we were able to see only the bcc's from within our organization, then folks could look before fwding, but I've not found anything that hints at this possibility.

How have some of you resolved this, what I would assume is a common, problem in your companies?

Cheers.

one option is to set it to a moderated list and only a handful of people can approve the messages. This is likely to get old fast though... especially if the list is busy or you use it to discuss the client issues. I don't think you can allow external users to post freely and moderate internal users, which could make moderation less annoying.

A shared mailbox or mail-enabled public folder would work better - rather than giving everyone full access or owner rights, everyone can have create rights but only a few are given delete rights. Users would open the Inbox using Open other users folder. If 15 people forward the same message, one of the owners can delete the extras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
V Please help if you can. Problems with Bcc BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
P help me plase !!! outlook 2007 I can see mail Bcc Using Outlook 1
B BCC issues after changing root folder path for gmail Using Outlook 1
M CC AND BCC Using Outlook 1
C Create new Message with shared contacts & BCC'ing recipients Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N Outlook rules don't create a copy for bcc'ed emails Using Outlook 3
M Forward Appointment as BCC with VBScript Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
O Outlook on Android - add BCC Using Outlook 2
S Example VBA Macro - To Conditionally Change the From Account and Add a BCC Address on Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
J Will BCC messages still deliver if TO address fails Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 3
S BCC lists addressees Using Outlook 2
T bcc and Google imap Using Outlook 3
V Mark BCC when emails is sent from specific account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Auto BCC VBA macro: how to add exceptions? Using Outlook 28
V using Bcc in Outlook.com 2013 Using Outlook 1
J Cc and Bcc not working Using Outlook 8
K received bcc as encrypted Using Outlook 12
V Contact group: addresses in BCC? Using Outlook 2
C a BCC script question Using Outlook 1
C BCC - How many email address will it accomodate? Using Outlook 2
N How do you BCC Someone Using Outlook 1
S Automatically move recipients to BCC field Using Outlook 3
S Rule to Auto-forward/re-direct a specific incoming email to a group via BCC? Using Outlook 1
M Automatic Bcc Using Outlook 2
L automating a BCC on every email Using Outlook 1
M Create Rule to BCC email? Using Outlook 2
H show bcc field when viewing a sent message Using Outlook 15
williamlambton Customised To, CC, BCC and Have-replies-sent-to columns in message lists. Using Outlook 16
L Creating Custom Rule to Forward emails to a BCC Using Outlook 1
T display bcc field in sent emails Using Outlook 1
S Rule to move BCC email to a folder Using Outlook 6
A How to disable bcc option in GAL - Address Book - Exchange 2007 Exchange Server Administration 4
D BCC based upon TO address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G All contacts from Contact Folder to BCC by code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Populate BCC field with all Contacts within a Contact Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S BCC How to? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R (Outlook2003)Monitor change for "to" "cc" "bcc" on message compose dialog? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
R suppress BCC Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R how to display Bcc if not available? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P To: or CC: or BCC: Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Y bcc macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Custom Contact card - need help creating one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Lifelong Windows user - new to Mac - Help!!! Using Outlook 3
L Help: set flag for sent mail to check if received an answer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Nufc1980 Outlook "Please treat this as private label" auto added to some emails - Help. Using Outlook 3
I Help with Smart Folder + Query Builder on IMAP Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2002- "Send" button has disappeared. Help please. Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2019 Help with forwarding email without mentioning the previous email sender. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 HELP to get Template Path in a Function Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
CWM550 Outlook 365 HELP! Calendar Craziness! Using Outlook 5