Outlook 2013 Subject Line Automation - Trigger Script Delayed

Mike3000

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hello,

I've been working on a script to automate a process that will reduce the amount of time I spend renaming files.

I'm new to VBS but I've come to a point where I can now automate incoming mail and time-stamp it the way I want (YYYY-MM-DD_(hhmmss) - ". I also have a module that deletes the time-stamp on a reply message and re-stamps it.

I'm experiencing an issue whereby immediate incoming messages do not follow the script. The script is executed correctly only after a second email bumps it down the queue. (This works but it's very annoying).

If I run the rule manually, it stamps the time on a recurring loop until there are no more characters left int he subject line.

Code is attached. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Capture.PNG

Mike3000

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hello,

I've been working on a script to automate a process that will reduce the amount of time I spend renaming files.

I'm new to VBS but I've come to a point where I can now automate incoming mail and time-stamp it the way I want (YYYY-MM-DD_(hhmmss) - ". I also have a module that deletes the time-stamp on a reply message and re-stamps it.

I'm experiencing an issue whereby immediate incoming messages do not follow the script. The script is executed correctly only after a second email bumps it down the queue. (This works but it's very annoying).

If I run the rule manually, it stamps the time on a recurring loop until there are no more characters left int he subject line.

Code is attached. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

View attachment 1959
Solved by adding code from following thread.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ered-the-inbox

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The problem is with rules, you don't use the for count and most of the other code - the rule picks up the incoming item and references it as item per the bolded part. You just need to do whatever with it.

Sub add_date(item as outlook.mailitem)
strSubject = item.subject
item.subject = date & strsubject
item.save
end sub