Searching message folder in Outlook 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfaulkner44

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I saw the one message regarding 365 not being able to search, but wanted to check and see if it applies to Outlook 2016 also.

I do a lot of searching by opening a specific folder in Outlook 2016 and search for an email address in the upper right corner. I am stuck until I can figure out how to get this to work again.

I did go through the indexing steps, which didn't help.

Thank you,
Judy F.
SW Florida - USA

There are issues with search affecting outlook but i don't know the full extent right now.

This error only happens (here anyway) if i search all mailboxes - searching in one folder or mailbox seems to work ok - i find what I'm looking for. The search error that has plagued outlook 2016 pst files since late winter seems to be hanging around for some people.

search error.png

Thanks Diane for the quick reply. With mine, it doesn't matter if I only have a few message in that particular folder, it still has the little dots running across the top showing it is running and that's it. Hopefully they get this fixed quickly. I did read where the update can be uninstalled, but I have numerous office 2016 updates from 06/13/17.
Hopefully they get this fixed shortly because I really use the search function.
Judy F.
SW Florida - USA

I don't think it will be long to see the fixes - there were too many.

I have a number of customers on varying versions of Outlook and a large majority are complaining about search issues. I have tried rebuilding ost's / pst's / search indexes all with no success. I can only assume it is something bad in a Windows 10 search index update. Anyone with any further insight how to keep people operation would be appreciated. I don't think I am alone in saying I am beginning to dread windows updates!

OOPs... this is referencing the spell check, not search issue. :( Search should be fixed early next week too, i think it is a Windows update though, not outlook. (Spell check fix is an office update.)

The spell check issue was a bug introduced by the Windows 10 Creators Update and is (apparently) fixed in the build which should come out early next week (end of June 2017). Anyone with Insider Slow can check to see if it is fixed - they should get the new build today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Short term workaround for when Outlook searching stopped functioning Using Outlook 0
P How to add a column named categories when searching in Outlook Using Outlook 0
V vBA for searching a cell's contents in Outlook and retrieving the subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
geoffnoakes Outlook 2016 Searching based on CreationTime Using Outlook 3
P Searching tasks that are archived Using Outlook 4
M Outlook 365 Searching all shared calendars Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
O Searching for Custom Flags Using Outlook 3
B Searching for a Add-In Using Outlook 3
R Problem with searching public folders Exchange 2013/16 Exchange Server Administration 2
C Outlook 2016: Searching in all (+public) folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
Diane Poremsky Searching for Outlook Items in Windows Using Outlook 0
M Searching multiple folders Using Outlook 6
W Searching Flagged Email Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
E Searching a Shared Outlook Mailbox from the start menu? Using Outlook 4
Rijotech Fast searching from:name and date Using Outlook 3
S Searching contacts across GAL and local address book at same time Using Outlook 1
A Searching for text in Contact notes Using Outlook 2
M Searching for categories not in the master category list Using Outlook 3
P Searching By Contact Categories Using Outlook 0
B Searching OWA Additional Mailbox - in which Secondary folder is the email? Using Outlook 1
R searching a not function Using Outlook 2
R Searching emails sent/recieved on a specific date. Using Outlook 2
M Searching Outllook 2010 shared contacts from Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 4
G CTRL-E is not searching I-cloud contacts Using Outlook 2
M Jolly characters in Outlook 2007 searching Using Outlook 3
E Does Outlook 2010 support searching multiple .pst files simultaneously? Using Outlook 0
D searching Outlook 2010 Calendar Using Outlook 1
X outlook 2007 error when searching Using Outlook 7
T searching for attachments that have a certain "text" in the name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Searching for Data in a custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Search message, then (1) Jump to folder & (2) Select message that you searched for Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
G Get current open draft message body from VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
F Outlook 2019 Forwarding Message and Keeping Unread Status Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - digitally sign email doesn't works Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Populate form data into message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook 365 Add keywords from Listbox to the message body where cursor is placed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B How to create a button that sorts and selects the most recent message with ONE click Using Outlook 2
P "Item could not be moved" message occurs frequently for IMAP inbox, Office 365 Using Outlook 0
A rule name into message - how? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
A Links in email getting error message about group policy Using Outlook 4
O How to find and replace a word in Outlook-Agenda-Subject and Message? Using Outlook 0
X Open Hyperlinks in an Outlook Email Message (Help with Diane's solution) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Commodore Unable to move message Using Outlook 3
Y Disable Microsoft Outlook Test Message Using Outlook 4
S Unable to change Message Class Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Changing Message Class Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4