Search cannot complete the indexing of your Outlook data

Commodore

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I've noticed several errors in Windows Application Log (Event ID 36) with "Search cannot complete the indexing of your Outlook data. Indexing cannot continue for C:\Users\... (error=0x81404005). If this error continues, contact Microsoft Support."
This started some time in June, I suppose. It's on Windows 7. Is it another bad update?

Chrisokia

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Yeah, shoulda started about the same time as the bad outlook update - but AFAIK, it was a bad windows update that is the problem. It's supposed to be fixed in an update being released tomorrow.
I am having search problems for all but one of my email accounts but i don't have the update that is supposedly causing the problems. I have a similar # but it ends in 19 instead of 15.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Did the June 27 windows update fix the search problems? (You might need to rebuild the index.)

Commodore

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I haven't updated anything yet, as I usually skip the "preview updates" (if you're referring to KB4022168) - I suppose the "real thing" will be released next week?
The only two other updates I can see at this time (listed on Important) are Word 2013 and Skype for Business 2015.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I think they are slowly rolling it out to users, so if not next week, then 'soon'.

Commodore

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Just a quick follow-up -- I've installed all updates a day or two ago, and ever since, the error entries haven't appeared. Also, I tried a few searches and it seems the items have been indexed. I didn't need to rebuild the index, though.