Outlook 2010 Display Sender As Contact

Chaya Jampolsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I am looking to display the sender of the email in the inbox as a contact. I often get emails from people who text like 9999999@vtext.com. It would be wonderful if I could display the full name of the sender since it is in my contacts.

Please advise.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Outlook uses the display name on the message - but i have a macro that looks up the email address and adds a category, which gets you the lookup part you need. But the display name field is not editable using VBA directly - it might be if you use redemption, otherwise will need to use a custom field or category.

Assign Categories to Messages using Contact Category

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Redemption information is here - RDO

(sorry about that - my clipboard wasn't working. :( )

Chaya Jampolsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
This Finally Worked For Me! Thank you so much. It is amazing to see how much clearer my messages are. I was searching high and low for an answer and this one is amazing. I tried very hard to get this macro to work for days on end, I kept running it without any success changing this field and that field, this column and that column. It always said update done but nothing changed in the email. I guess I didn't realize I had to create a user defined field.

The work and effort you put into the macro is clearly a masterpiece.

Thank youl