Outlook 2013 Attachment icon when there is no attachment

Commodore

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Any idea why there is the paperclip icon in Inbox for some emails that don't actually have an attachment? It's only shown in the view (4th column), not on the open message.
If I move the message from the (IMAP) Inbox to a local folder, the icon is not shown there anymore.
Currently I'm seeing this on messages from AliExpress and from some app support response.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Is there an image in the signature? That is usually the cause - embeded images won't normally show as attachments but sometimes the message has a little corruption in it and outlook can't properly process the image so it shows the attachment icon - selecting the message will often fix it, something in the process of rendering it allows outlook to fix it. Selecting it to move renders it, but the act of moving it can fix the problems too.

Commodore

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Yes, I've seen those too (usually images from bloated signatures). But in this case, there's nothing there at all (as least not in the support mail I mentioned; whereas the AliExpress mail has images, but it's all rendered correctly).
Maybe it's something in the HTML code.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
No web bugs? They shouldn't generate the attachment icon, but poorly written html could confuse outlook.