Outlook 2016 Perpetual requests for password.

GregS

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
My wife's Outlook mail pops up this image every minute or so when the program is active. Mail can be sent and received, but I haven't been able to understand how to satisfy the server (?) that wants this information. The entered password is correct as far as I know. I don't know how Roboform comes into this situation either. It does contain a login for Outlook, but I don't think that has to be used when the box is already filled . Can you help me clarify this situation?
IzPassblur.jpg

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I think roboform always comes up. You're using Outlook.com with a non-microsoft address - now that they've moved it to the Office 365 servers, you need to add an outlook.com alias to the account and use that to sign in as you can only use autodiscover to set it up as Exchange account and sync calendar & contacts.
Outlook.com: Switch Account to Microsoft Exchange

If you only need email, you can set it up as imap manually and keep using the rr login.

Thomas Inman

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
I have a custom domain with two mailboxes from Outlook.com, and I use Outlook 2016 to access them. Only one account has an alias set up, the other one does not. Both have this reoccurring problem of popping up a password prompt. This seems to happen on a monthly basis, like a certificate expired after 30 days, and the replacement isn't installing seamlessly. One account does it first, then something like a week later, the other account does the same thing. Logging into those accounts online works just fine.

I want to verify my DNS host file is set up right, thinking that a certificate might not get handled correctly. I have full control over the DNS host file now, so Microsoft has not taken over control of that as they do when you subscribe to a business plan.

Just my $.02 basically because I realize much of what I've stated here is speculation without a lot of evidence.

jfaulkner44

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I think roboform always comes up. You're using Outlook.com with a non-microsoft address - now that they've moved it to the Office 365 servers, you need to add an outlook.com alias to the account and use that to sign in as you can only use autodiscover to set it up as Exchange account and sync calendar & contacts.
Outlook.com: Switch Account to Microsoft Exchange

If you only need email, you can set it up as imap manually and keep using the rr login.
Hi Diane, I have a similar problem. My Outlook 2016 continually asks for a password. I cannot download emails and the popup screen looks like GregS.' . Then all of a sudden, it will download everything. It works for a while and then back to the old routine. I have regular Outlook 2016, do not have a Microsoft type email address and I have Century Link for my ISP.

It seems as if this just started recently. Hopefully you have a solution. I found one where they suggested creating a new profile, but I didn't want to take a chance on messing things up.

Thank you,
Judy F.
SW Florida - USA