Dragging Files In Outlook 2016

srmsrm

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I have Windows 10 Anniversary Edition and just moved from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2016 (via Office 365).

In Outlook 2010 I was able to drag files from notes in my contacts and tasks to a folder on my computer. Now this capability no longer exists. I can still drag files into the notes (for contacts and tasks) but not from the notes.

Has this capability been removed in Outlook 2016?

Thank you.

Shawn

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
That is ole-related and correct, it no longer works in RTF formatted items but should work in appointment items if you have the appointment formatted in HTML.
More info and a registry key to force HTML always is at Change Format for Notes in Appointments

I have not tested it, but there are some reg keys that affect RTF messages - setting some might fix it for attachments. Some of the keys are here - Embedded Objects are Blocked in Outlook Tasks

Attachments

srmsrm

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Diane:

Thank you.

I added the registry keys you suggested along with the Level 1 attachment settings. No luck. I still cannot drag attachments from my Contacts or Tasks to a folder. I don't use formatting much in the Appointments (mostly use tasks).

I'm assuming no option to change the Contact and Task item notes to HTML as I'm guessing you would have provided those instructions.

Looks like the only option I have is "Save As". Correct?

Shawn

srmsrm

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Guess I spoke too soon. Now it no longer works. I tried to drag files from my contacts and tasks notes to my desktop (and it worked yesterday); however, now it no longer works.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
What exactly happens when it fails? error message, etc

Did you reboot? I wonder if it works, then quits until a reboot. Or until you restart Outlook. That would indicate that outlook (or possibly the OS, but we'll blame outlook :)) puts a lock on something that causes it to stop working.

srmsrm

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I did reboot.

When I drag it to the desktop, I see the "+" and then nothing happens. If I right click and drag, I see the options of Copy, Move and Cancel. If I select Copy or Move nothing happens. There is no message.