Status
Not open for further replies.

Addis

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi Diane,
Please guide me macro which will enable me to send emails with word documents attachment to a specific email id. I want to send 25 attachments per email from a folder where there are over 50000 word documents. Please device out a way where every time only the new sets of attachments are sent through the email until all the attachments are sent. Word Documents have various names like resumes1 etc. Please help.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
BTW, i think you will need to do an array, but not sure if it can handle an array that large.

noobie

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
Is it necessary to have the Word Documents always in the same folder? Or is it possible to create some kind of temporary folder? Are these documents already ordered the way you want to send them?

50,000 documents is quite a big number, so I would do it the following:
Create a folder called "sent attachments" on your hard drive. Then use the macro to attach the first 25 documents to your mail every time you send such a mail. Afterwards, take the 25 attachments out of the folder and put it into the "sent attachments" folder. For this move, maybe have a look at this site: Copy and Move files and folders

(I hope it is allowed to post such a link)

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
(I hope it is allowed to post such a link)
As long as its not to a spam site. :)

Then use the macro to attach the first 25 documents to your mail every time you send such a mail. Afterwards, take the 25 attachments out of the folder and put it into the "sent attachments" folder.
This would work... you could use the outlook macro to move each file after it is attached.
Use for i = filecount to 1 step -1 so you don't skip files- but if you don't care what order the files are in, you could just move - maybe use an if so the last message has all 25:
If filecount > 25 then
file delete
end if

Status
Not open for further replies.