Spam folder not showing in Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincenzo

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I've recently set up an imap account in Outlook on my two computers. I've been missing some emails and now I see that they are in a Spam subfolder, under the Inbox, that I only can see when I use my iPhone.

Is there a way to see this folder in Outlook, or preferably stop any emails from going in it, since this particular account gets very little spam, and mostly it is detecting valid emails and putting them in there.

BTW, is this my ISP that is doing this, or the iPhone?

Thanks

BTW, is this my ISP that is doing this, or the iPhone?
since its under the inbox, it could be the isp, but if the folder isn't visible in outlook, it could be iphone. I didn't think iphone could do that (Samsung phones does, and its annoying).

Verify the folder is available in web access and that it is subscribed in Outlook. (right click on inbox, choose Imap folders... )

OK thanks. I followed your directions and have the folder showing up now in Outlook.

I do see the folder in web access, does that rule out the possibility that the iPhone created it?

Thanks

I do see the folder in web access, does that rule out the possibility that the iPhone created it?
Yes, it's most likely that it is folder created by the server, not the phone. There is also a possibly that a 3rd party spam filter created it - assuming you use something other than what microsoft supplies and it installs an outlook addin

You are correct. I was able to go in the webhost (Hostgator) control panel and disable spam filters, and remove the folder.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Spam folder not showing in Outlook Using Outlook 5
CWM550 Outlook 365 Hey Diane! MS 365 Biz Standard and "Potential Spam" addressed to others coming to my JUNK folder? Using Outlook 2
B Outlook - Mail from safe senders list being sent to Spam Folder Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2010 trusted emails going to spam folder Using Outlook 18
Geldner Problem submitting SPAM using Outlook VBA Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Script for simplifying spam control Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
C Spam Email? Using Outlook 2
P dealing with SPAM in 2023 Using Outlook 7
J How to Block junk/spam domain Using Outlook 0
P What is your strategy for dealing with SPAM and Junk Mail? Using Outlook 1
F Email being marked as Spam by Gmail and not being visible in Outlook Using Outlook 5
Jennifer Murphy Spam filter not working Using Outlook 13
Witzker Spam Fighting Solution For 3 Synced Outlooks Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Can I create a local PST file for SPAM on a drive that is usually disconnected? Using Outlook 3
CWM550 OL Spam hold Using Outlook 4
P Disable Spam Notifications & Sounds Using Outlook 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is there a good third party SPAM filter that intergrates with Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
O Outlook Web Access - how to disable spam filter Using Outlook 6
M godaddy says my outlook's sending spam. Using Outlook 4
Ascar_CT MS Outlook 2010 with Hotmail connector went spam control nuts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
D Outlook Add-on for Exchange Spam Management? Exchange Server Administration 2
J [SPAM?] Using Outlook 4
David French Mass e-mail avoiding SPAM Using Outlook 1
Paul Van Cotthem Is calendar synchronization between Office 2013 and Outlook.com capped by spam or bandwidth limits? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 12
T How to send to spam/delete emails with specific heading? Using Outlook 3
R Organising Spam Using Outlook 1
A VBA Script to Forward Spam to AntiSpam Provider Using "Blank" Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Outlook Changing Sent Message Headings to SPAM =?UTF-8?B?4Liq4Lij4LmJ4L Using Outlook 1
M No More Spam Mail Using Outlook 1
G why are my mails getting marked as spam? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Search message, then (1) Jump to folder & (2) Select message that you searched for Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Search Folders and Jump to Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
X Run macro automatically when a mail appears in the sent folder Using Outlook 5
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
A Outlook 2019 folder counter Using Outlook 0
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N Reply to Outlook messages by moving messages to a specific Outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T How to find or display the sub-folder name for an Archive Search Using Outlook 10
A Outlook 365 (OutLook For Mac)Move "On My Computer" Folder Items From Old To New Mac Computer Using Outlook 3
P Search folder: all emails sent to or from a domain Using Outlook 1
V Folder Properties - Gmail account can't switch Using Outlook 5
Victor_50 Outlook 2019 Jump to folder from search folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
I Help with Smart Folder + Query Builder on IMAP Using Outlook 0
S Paperclip icon shows without attachment in email under Sent folder Using Outlook 0
Kika Melo Outlook Calendar deleted appointments not in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Z Outlook 365 Automatically assign categories to incoming mail in a shared folder Round Robin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1