Disable Spam Notifications & Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I have been getting TONS of spam lately, luckily most of it is going to my spam folder automatically. The problem is it notifies me every time an email is received regardless if it is spam or not. I am constantly hearing the sound in the background or seeing a notification by the clock. If I disable this will it be disabled for my regular inbox too?

Thanks

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Yes, it will be. The issue is that Outlook downloads the mail, notifies, then junk filters. The recommended option is to enable spam filtering on your mailbox on the server, if it is offered by your mail provider. Mail is moved into the spam folder and you shouldn't be notified when it syncs. (I could be wrong on this - i get too much mail to notice and turned off sound. :))

Alternately, you could turn off play a sound in options and create a rule that plays a sound only when mail from people in your address arrives. Or create a rule to play a sound for all mail (leave the conditions blank) - outlook is supposed to run the junk filter first, then run rules.

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I use AOL which does have a spam filter and folder which does seem to put it into the spam folder on their server, so I am not sure what the delay is before hitting Outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.