Display more months in 'Tasks'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofw62

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Up front: I don't use Calendar, I only use tasks. Have 'no business' for calendar.
In tasks I have all kind of 'repeating' stuff. Works fine, for years.
There is just one minor thing: when setting a new date for an existing task, only the current month is displayed.
When a task has again to be performed after e.g. 8 weeks, or after 10 weeks, then I need to go into 'Calendar',
have it display a number of months and then see what date to pick after the 8 weeks (or use a conventional paper calendar).

Maybe I am overlooking something, but I vainly tried to figure out how to get more months displayed in calendar. Guess it would be nice feature update to have a calendar (i.e. similar to the calendar in the "Calendar" mode) as a side-panel.

I am using tasks because I also add comments to it, images, etc. so the next time a task comes up, I know what has been done the last time. Over time the contents of a task is getting bigger and bigger. Probably all that isn't possible in 'Calendar'.. (?)

-

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The monthly calendar grid is limited to 6 weeks max. The thumbnail calendars (in the calendar module) can show several months if you make the pane wider.

In tasks, you are limited to 1 month at a tim in the task date picker and in the to-do bar (pinned Peek)... but if you know you need 8 weeks from today, you can type 8w in the date field (if none or today's date is in the date field). For 8 weeks from a specific date, type it in the date field then type 8w over it and tab out.

More info on the date shortcuts: Using Natural Language Phrases and Date or Time Shortcuts

ofw62

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Thank you Diane.
Maybe, one day, Microsoft will expand the number of months in task in the same way as Calendar.
Frankly, it seems logical to me, often people set task many weeks ahead. In Calendar, no problem.
As said, in task: either conventional calendar of use 'Calendar' to pick a date.

Anyway, thanks again.

=

Status
Not open for further replies.