Outlook 2016 changing editor options

Gary Hile

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
When I try to make changes to my outlook 2019 editor proofing options, the page is grayed out.
I click File, Options, Mail, Editor options. When I click auto correct options the area to mark to automatically capitalize the first word of a sentence is grayed out; as are the rest of the options. What an I doing wrong? I want to sent some spell check options, and can't reach that place

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Admins can lock out settings on work computers... home users could too, but its rare that they would. Is that the only thing that is disabled?

Some features require the same version of outlook and word be installed - that should not be a problem with 2016, unless you either only have outlook and not the full suite, or have an older office also installed and the older version of word is the default.

Gary Hile

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I do not have the 2016 suite. Also, my Word version is 2007

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Ah... that is why. You need the same version of Outlook and Word. See Features Missing in Outlook "Standalone" - this applies to all versions (not just 2007). Find the location of outlook.exe and copy winword.exe to that folder.

Let me know if that trick still works...

Last edited: