regarding legacy contact cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_malkovich

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi Diane. I hope you're well as always. In reference to a convo we had years ago about how to force Outlook to summon up the original contact file instead of the new-fangled contact cards: turnonlegacydialog regedit not working | Outlook Forums by Slipstick.com

Is there a new regedit path for the most current version of Outlook? I'm trying to set this function up on a colleague's computer. Didn't see a ContactCard folder so I created it myself. Hoping that wasn't a blunder. Thanks as always...

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Same path, can be under policies or the normal path - use the correct version number - for 2016, it's 16.0. If the path doesn't exist, add it. That said, check outlook first - I don't think you need to set the key in 2016 anymore. (Maybe if on a deferred or volume license that is not updated as frequently). There was also a bug in autocomplete if the key was set but they may have fixed it.

the bug was in the new autocomplete that shows suggestions -it totally broke autocomplete. I keep forgetting to add the key and test it again.

mr_malkovich

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Yep, wasn't in Policies. Saw 16.0, added path. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.