Sync Calendars using WiFI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calendar

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I have Office 365, and I want to sync multiple Outlook 2016 calendars and a single Outlook address book on three PCs, two Samsung phones, and a Samsung tablet.

1. I would like to do this only over my WiFi home network, rather than over the internet --- with so many alarming privacy and hacking reports lately, my trust of large corporations such as Microsoft is steadily diminishing. Is such a procedure possible?

This is easily done with addresses by ignoring Outlook and using an individual files for each address. I don't think any Windows or Android calendar, however, uses an individual file for each appointment.

Such a simple question, but after extensive searching, I cannot find satisfactory answers.
- - - - - - - -

2. If such WiFi syncing is not possible, then I will be forced to do what everyone else does, and risk my data over the internet and with Microsoft.
* Is it possible to use Office 365 to perform these syncs?
* And in particular, is it possible to do this whether or not Outlook on each device has an email account associated with it? (I use only The Bat! for email, but my wife uses an Outlook account for her work email.)

* Is it possible to use Office 365 to perform these syncs?
Office 365 software, no. Office 365 Exchange online or Outlook.com, yes, but its a cloud service. It's as secure as your password...

I'm not aware of any utility that will sync outlook and samsung (or apple) phones over wifi without using the cloud. There are utilities that will sync outlook to other outlook's on your network.

Thanks for that, it looks as if I will have to go onto the cloud after all. I have never had so much trouble understanding and configuring a new programme as I have had with Outlook — could I possibly also ask:

1. I have Office 365 Home (5-user). Can I sync with Outlook.com, and have I already paid for this? (I haven't been able to work out the details of Outlook.com yet.)

2. Are the calendar and Contact syncs true syncs, in the sense that if I make a new address and a new CalendarA appointment on my phone, and also make a new address and a new CalendarA appointment on my PC, both contacts and both appointments will show on both devices after syncing?

3. Can I sync all my calendars in the one operation, and can contacts be synced at the same time?

4. Can I create PIM accounts on my three Androids as I have already done on the PCs? I an using MailDroid on the phones and The Bat! on the PCs, so I don't want to confuse things with email accounts.

Actually.... i might have been wrong about wifi sync - the headline for companionlink says it can sync over wifi. Based on questions 2, 3, and 4, that might be a better solution. It's not free, but has a trial period so you can see if it works for you. You'd be able to create a no mail account just for syncing. There are three other apps listed also on Syncing Outlook with an Android smartphone. (I forgot i had this page)

Create a no mail account Create a No-Mail account in Outlook 2016

To answer the questions...

1. Yes. Actually, for others reading this, you aren't required to use office 365 subscription - it works with Outlook 2007 and up as of this date.

2. Yes, if it is created in the Outlook.com Contacts and Calendar. It normally takes just a few seconds for the sync.

3. Define "All". This will only sync folders stored in Outlook.com, not all Calendar and Contacts on your device or in Outlook.

4. When you use Outlook.com (or Exchange accounts), it's a full mailbox, with all of the folders you'd get in a default pst - it will have an inbox but you don't need to use it for mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Using hosted exchange to sync outlook 2010 calendars and contacts to BB Z10 Using Outlook 4
O Newbie question: how to sync two Outlook -Exchange and IMAP- calendars? Using Outlook 4
B How to sync Outlook, iphone and Google calendars and contacts? Using Outlook 4
P Can't sync iPhone calendars with Outlook Using Outlook 4
F Sync of 2 calendars from different organization Using Outlook 0
K Is it possible to sync IPhone to BCM Outlook contact, calendars ... all data? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 16
A Know any product to sync multiple Exchange calendars please? Using Outlook 4
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
C reminders not synced by CodeTwo Sync for iCloud Using Outlook 2
P Can no longer sync Outlook with iPhone calendar after iPhone update to 17.1.1 Using Outlook 7
O How to sync (one way) contacts between two Outlook (exchange) accounts? Using Outlook 0
P How to clear out all contacts in iCloud, so I can use iCloud-based sync program Using Outlook 1
S Sync Outlook (2021) tasks with Microsoft To Do Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2019 Outlook 2019 Add and Sync to New computer Comcast server Using Outlook 2
KeithJB iCloud calendar sync only works one way! Using Outlook 3
Commodore iTunes sync on a new computer - any issues to be expected? Using Outlook 9
J VBA for outlook to compare and sync between calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S.Champ Please help? I've imported a random workcalendar I dont even know who's. Can I undo it? and then I need to re-sync the google one again. Its a mess:( Using Outlook 2
P Outlook calendar and contacts sync problem-outlook disconnects Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
O Exchange Sync period only (e.g. last years mail) Using Outlook 0
R How to restrict GWSMO sync to Outlook Send/Receive cycles Using Outlook 0
R How to Sync *all* Google Workspace Mail Folders with Outlook 2019 (MS365) Using Outlook 3
C Not sync folders not found after MS Outlook 365 update Using Outlook 1
M Sync 'On my computer' emails Using Outlook 1
L Unable to Sync Web/Android MS To Do with Windows Outlook Tasks Using Outlook 3
M Managing Gmail "All Mail" sync issues with IMAP Using Outlook 1
L icloud contacts sync Using Outlook 4
T How can Exchange be configured to sync/push one-way so that the server data can't be affected Exchange Server Administration 0
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B Outlook and iPhone Sync Using Outlook 3
J can't sync outlook calendar contacts with iphone ipad Using Outlook 4
V iCloud calendar sync problems Using Outlook 13
L automaticaly create a teams meeting with a sync Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 2016 sync contacts directly between phone and computer using outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
Q Unable to Sync Quicken reminder with Outlook 2016 64Bit Using Outlook 1
T Outlook converts sent email to txt attachments when sync Using Outlook 0
L Outlook 2019 MAC sync error after working for 4 hours Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2013 Yahoo IMAP Sync problems Using Outlook 1
Rupert Dragwater How to sync all folders Using Outlook 1
B iCloud Option to sync contacts, mail, calendar and tasks Using Outlook 5
Rupert Dragwater Sync Issues (This Computer Only) Using Outlook 8
GregS Sync Issues (only Junkmail) Using Outlook 1
S Sync Issues With My Gmail Account Using Outlook 7
P Change PC User Directory & iPhone Sync Using Outlook 2
N how to sync automatically when outlook opens Using Outlook 10
M Item edits doesn't always sync Using Outlook 11
E Customer wants a portion of GAL from exchange to sync down to Android contacts via Activesync Using Outlook 2
J Outlook.com Contact Sync Issue Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
M Multiple workstations and multiple accounts - keep in sync? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2