Marketing task MS BCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Brewster

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Installed BCM on a PC running windows 10. If I send an email newsletter with html content individually to my self in outlook, it arrives as an html mail. If I send it as part of a mass marketing campaign, it send and arrives only in text. Have spent two days trying to send out our html xmas cards to no avail.

do you have some addresses you can send a test to that is on a different server- gmail, outlook.com, etc so you can see if it gets stripped when you send it outside the server.

there could be a few reasons - the contacts are set to get plain text, something is stripping the html, or BCM is being goofy.

Interestingly, I have now tried sending an html xmas card from a laptop running BCM for a different company and different contacts, and that also is now getting received as a text mail. Could it be our hosting platform I wonder?

Potentially... but it could be settings in outlook, antivirus scanners, or the host. Are the copies in the Sent folder ok?

My first guess is the merge is sending the messages as RTF and the TNEF blob is deleted by the AV or server: Outlook is Sending Winmail.dat Attachments

I switched off the anti virus to test and still the same. They are also text in the sent folder

They are also text in the sent folder
this leads me to believe its outlook or bcm doing during the act of sending.

In a quick internet search, you aren't alone, but so far no actual solution - all of the responses are lame.

Which mass mail option are you using? When i choose Marketing > Mass Email and use the Outlook editor, the message is sent as html.

bcm.png

Just noticed that when I open a new email it automatically opens as text. I have set everything up as html, but still do0esnt work.

this leads me to believe its outlook or bcm doing during the act of sending.

In a quick internet search, you aren't alone, but so far no actual solution - all of the responses are lame.

Which mass mail option are you using? When i choose Marketing > Mass Email and use the Outlook editor, the message is sent as html.

View attachment 2132

Yes, that is my mass email system as well. No mine opens up as text. I change the format and it seems to accept that, but still goes out as text

Yes, that is my mass email system as well. No mine opens up as text. I change the format and it seems to accept that, but still goes out as text

Just noticed that when I open a new email it automatically opens as text. I have set everything up as html, but still do0esnt work.
So the setting in Outlook's File, options, mail is set to HTML by default, bcm sends single messages to contacts as html but mass mail is plain text?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
wallisellener Marketing and Project Management field are not displaying BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
X BCM: Customizing Marketing Forms BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
wallisellener Marketing Campaigns BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
J Just contact management without the sales and marketing features? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M Business Contact Manager Marketing Campaign default address BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
F Launch Marketing Campaign Error BCM (Business Contact Manager) 7
R marketing campaign BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
U Marketing Campaign is erroring out (massively) BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
P Simple Marketing Campaign Question BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A Sending Marketing Campaign from a specific Account/ emailadress BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A Marketing question re: Business Contact Manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Marketing Campaign BCM 2007 – Word 2007 Merge Fails BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Copy Appointment Body to Task Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Daily Task List Minimized Cannot Display Using Outlook 5
wayneame Changing the Form Used by Existing Task Items in a Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Outlook 2016 Understand and customize prepended behavior of recurring task Using Outlook 0
B Outlook 365 Populate Outlook Task UDFs from a UDF text string Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Multiple copies of task being created Using Outlook 2
P Short Date Format when typing in a task Using Outlook 2
C Outlook 2013 Task Recurrence - Third Friday After the Second Tuesday Using Outlook 2
P Task display now leaves little room for notes Using Outlook 10
C-S-R How to clear an Outlook (To Do) Task Flag? Using Outlook 8
G Event when creating task from mailitem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Changing the font that the task view shows Using Outlook 5
D How To Combine Share Task Folders in just one Folder Using Outlook 0
P Can I create a Rule that sends me an email when I get a Task? Using Outlook 2
G Arggh, weakness of reminder for every Task recurrence Using Outlook 0
P Can't paste an image into a task Using Outlook 3
F Validation on custom task form after task acceptance Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Office 365 erased all of my task views Using Outlook 3
T Report For Task Recurrance Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
E Can't accept or decline task (no button appears) Using Outlook 2
Z VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Z Task Filter Not Working When I add too many criteria Using Outlook 0
X If you change expiration date of repeated task it dupplicates Using Outlook 1
Z How to show concatenated categories in list task view? Using Outlook 2
Z VBA to Collapse Task Folder Groups Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E To convert imported data to custom fields in Task list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Help with dates in task list. Using Outlook 5
Y Outlook Task View - Table Format - Customize Reminder Time to Drop-Down Selection Using Outlook 2
M Daily Task List Minimized Cannot Display Using Outlook 2
D Using a VBA Custom Form to Send Reoccurring Email Upon Task Completion Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Add a contact to the New Task in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
S Codes for "Mark Complete" the task Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
W Deleting Sent Task Email, Deletes the task from my list Using Outlook 1
K Task priority modification Using Outlook 4
F Search folder for tasks in all task folders Using Outlook 1
JohnViuf Export task list view settings to other pc Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
V Changing default date for task follow-up buttons Using Outlook 2