My outlook died

TheresaJ

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
I came in Monday morning to find my computer was turned off. Unusual, but whatever. After turning it back on it went through some sort of update that didn't take very long. And now my outlook is dead. I haven't received any emails, faxes, scans since last Friday.

HELP!!

TheresaJ

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
It opens and I can access the mail in my folders. If I try to do a send/receive it says operation failed. I get this same message for several different functions.

when I tried to repair problems I got a registration error.

I'm using 2003, which I love...

thanks you coming to my aid so quickly!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
is the full error "An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program." ?

The usual fix is to close outlook. Open file explorer - you want to go to the application data folder for your profile - not knowing what OS you are using, it is at this location in older OSs: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

this shortcut should work in all windows versions: %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook paste it into the address bar of file explorer then press enter. It may be enough to delete the SRS files, but the general recommendation is to delete everything in the folder (or move them into another folder) then start Outlook.

TheresaJ

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
Im at: this PC\OS(c:)\users\theresa\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook.

there are only two files in this file: extend.dat and outlook.pst
you want me to delete these two files?

I just did the paste thing and got a bunch of new files, however outlook does not seem to be repaired.

I moved all of those files to a folder on the desktop and outlook still hates me.