other user's mailbox won't open, forms disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to create a new profile with my 365 mailbox as the main account but was unable. I receive the message 'something went wrong and outlook couldn't set up your account.'

I've been advised to remove then reinstate permissions via Powershell, but when I try I get this message:

Cannot display the prompt for "AccessRights" because type
"Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.MailboxRights[]" cannot be loaded.
+ CategoryInfo : ResourceUnavailable: :)) [], PromptingException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Management.Automation.Host.PromptingException
+ PSComputerName : outlook.office365.com

So it's normal for weird behavior in this situation?
if it is automapped, you don't want to open it as an account (using the username/password) or add it as a secondary mailbox in more settings. Oh, and you shouldn't be a delegate either - basically, it should only be shared one way, opened one method.

I've been advised to remove then reinstate permissions via Powershell, but when I try I get this message:

Cannot display the prompt for "AccessRights" because type
"Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.MailboxRights[]" cannot be loaded.
+ CategoryInfo : ResourceUnavailable: :)) [], PromptingException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Management.Automation.Host.PromptingException
+ PSComputerName : outlook.office365.com
Does godaddy have powershell enabled? Have you used it with the account previously? if it worked before, did you set up the session correctly?

FWIW, i use the attached files - remove the .txt and place it in \WindowsPowerShell\ folder under your documents folder. open/reopen PowerShell and type EXO, enter password and it will load the office 365 stuff.

Attachments

• Connect-EXO.ps1.txt
    86.5 KB · Views: 492
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Changed By field not displaying individual user's name in O365 Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 9
J Outlook - 2013 - Error msg when copying folders from Online Archives to another user's mailbox Using Outlook 0
I shared mailbox - can i create a rule (vba) for every user? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A give User Read Only access to secondary mailbox in Exchange 2010 via AD Exchange Server Administration 1
T Messages no longer move to quote folder on shared mailbox after user adds -D to folder name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Cannot copy outlook form to mailbox of exchange 2k13 user Exchange Server Administration 1
M How do I retrive User permissions for a Mailbox? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Lifelong Windows user - new to Mac - Help!!! Using Outlook 3
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro GoTo user defined search folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
W OL giving basic auth when logged in to Win as specific user Using Outlook 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 How to get a Photo in a User Defined Contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to send an Email Template from User Defined Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Edit contact from email does not open the user defined contactform Using Outlook 3
Witzker Set Cursor & Focus from any field to the body of a user Contact form in OL 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker Place cursor at opening, a user defined OL contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
ill13 Prepend the user's computer name to the subject. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J How to create a drop down user defined field that will appear on an inbox view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
J VBA Cannot programmatically input or change Value for User Defined field Using Outlook 1
Z Import Tasks from Access Using VBA including User Defined Fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
icacream Outlook 2016 “Enter your user name and password for the following server.” Using Outlook 5
N Item cannot be saved because it was modified by another user or window, and, Item could not be moved... Using Outlook 0
A How to stop user form from disapearing once mail window is closed? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
H Information from user defined field into Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
D Outlook 2010 Outlook in Windows 10 keeps asking for user name and password repeatedly Using Outlook 14
E Asking user to select multiple options in a list in an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
icacream Enter your user name and password for the following server. Using Outlook 4
B User defined field for messages with 'me' in the [To], [Cc] line Using Outlook 0
S User Defined Fields adding new value (2) Using Outlook 0
R Creating a user defined function Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Compile error: User-defined type not defined Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M How to export Voting Results with user names and their responses Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
M vCard does not have user-defined fields from my custom contact form (365) Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2016 Conditional Format for User Defined Field Using Outlook 1
G <mailto:user@domain.com<mailto:user@domain.com<mailto:user@domain.com>>> Using Outlook 5
F MAPI, User Defined Fields and perspective after 20 years Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
A Created a new user account and the local account cannot see email Using Outlook 3
N How to set automatically the default or user defined Quickstyle Templates by Answer in Outlook Using Outlook 1
S Custom Form, copy user field data to message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
Daniel Schunk User-defined form arrives empty at the recipient Using Outlook 3
S Custom user fields in received messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Have Outlook 2016 suggest email address auto complete entries directly from the user's contacts list Using Outlook 10
T Have Outlook 2016 suggest email address auto complete entries directly from the user's contacts list Using Outlook 0
Potty Ash MS Outlook 2010 custom form - validation or formula to request user to check a checkbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
P Change PC User Directory & iPhone Sync Using Outlook 2
J Assess content of User Defined Field in Rule Using Outlook 3
M How can I determine which user read an email Exchange Server Administration 4
J reinstalling Outlook 2007 asking for user name & password Using Outlook 14
R Prompt asking the user to send email to folder as *.msg file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Select a folder in a user account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2