HTML Task Alternate Home Page View Control

untwilight

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I have been extensively using tasks in Outlook for years and typically have been using different Views, recently I have been using an HTML page inside Outlook to give some different combined views, like putting tasks in an Eisenhauser Matrix.

This seems to be working pretty well; however, I would like to have different view's used in each of the "cards" rather than the view used in the last state I left the task folder in. ie if I left the folder in Detailed View I want it to show the Simple List (where I have added filters columns, and groupings) not Detailed View.

I have been trying to figure this out for a couple of hours now to no avail. I hope someone may have the answer to help on this.
Thanks

<div class="col-md-4 col-xs-3 bg-danger">
<h4>CRITICAL NOW</h4>
<h6>URGENT AND IMPORTANT - Must-Do-Today </h6>
<OBJECT classid=CLSID:0006F063-0000-0000-C000-000000000046
id=ViewCtlFolder style="width:100%;height: 24em;">
<param name="Namespace" value="MAPI">
<param name="Folder" value="Tasks">
<param name ="View" value="Simple List">
<param name="Restriction" value="[Priority] = 'High' and [Schedule+ Priority] >'0' ">
<param name="DeferUpdate" value="0">
</OBJECT>
</div>

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
It's been a long time since i worked with the view control (they neutered it in the name of security, making it less useful)... according to the title of a link at Using the Outlook View Control there is an issue with the view getting reset, but the kb article it links to was removed so i can't tell if it applies to this situation and i don't recall if there is a solution.

You could use vba to reset the view on task every time you open the task folder.

untwilight

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Thanks Diane. Oddly enough when I change the deferupdate value to 1, it allows the different view (columns) like I want but I get no data.

While not optimum I am thinking a great work around would be to create a couple of virtual search folder similar to the To-Do which I can leverage as the results are persisted in that folder. Is there a way to replicate the to-do folder (similar to creating search folders in messages?)

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
To the best of my knowledge, no you cant replicate the to-do list, although it is just a search folder, so you could use instant search. However, it is not persistent.