Need help syncing contacts to iPhone X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I currently hold two smartphones: Samsung Galaxy S5 and iPhone X. What is the right steps to sync Outlook contacts from Samsung to my iPhone X?

Thanks

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You won't sync phone <==> phone <==> desktop, you'll sync devices <==> server <==> desktop -so you need something to sync to the server.

The easiest is using an outlook.com account (or Office 365 or Exchange).
Does the android sync icloud calendar and contacts? (I will need to charge my android and check) if so, you could sync to icloud, using the icloud addin in outlook. That could be the second best and free - but the icloud is a separate data file in Outlook, which many people don't like.

Another option is using companionlink or gsyncit to sync outlook desktop contacts to gmail and let the devices sync with the gmail account. This will keep everything in the default data file, just like it is not. Its not free though.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Personally, i think using a sync utility and syncing to gmail would be better, unless you have an outlook.com (or exchange) account.

Naskerz

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Personally, i think using a sync utility and syncing to gmail would be better, unless you have an outlook.com (or exchange) account.
I think so too . I don't know much about it, but third-party tools are good for people who don't have any experience. user just need to connect your phone to computer and transfer data

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
I currently hold two smartphones: Samsung Galaxy S5 and iPhone X. What is the right steps to sync Outlook contacts from Samsung to my iPhone X?

Thanks
Here are the following steps that I used to transfer my contacts from my Galaxy S6 to my iPhone 7 :
1. Go to contact and export your address book to the android device
2. Connect your phone to your computer and copy the .vcf file on it
3. Create a new e-mail and send the e-mail to the address that it is configured on your iPhone device
4. Attach the .vcf file and send the e-mail
5. Go to your iPhone and look for that e-mail
6. Once you found it, open the attachment and upload the contact to your address book

That is all.

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
Here are the following steps that I used to transfer my contacts from my Galaxy S6 to my iPhone 7 :
1. Go to contact and export your address book to the android device
2. Connect your phone to your computer and copy the .vcf file on it
3. Create a new e-mail and send the e-mail to the address that it is configured on your iPhone device
4. Attach the .vcf file and send the e-mail
5. Go to your iPhone and look for that e-mail
6. Once you found it, open the attachment and upload the contact to your address book

That is all.
if you still not understand what to do, maybe this article helps.
AT&T Mobile Transfer App - Transfer Phone Contacts & More
if you find other tools, don't forgot to share with us.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

Thanks
Step 1: In Outlook 2016 or Outlook 2013, choose the contacts you'd like to sync to your iPhone.
Step 2: Choose Forward Contacts > As a Business Card.
Step 3: Then a new message will pop up will all your selected contacts added as attachments (vCard).
Step 4: In the Attached section of the messages, drag the vCard files to your desktop. (You can create a folder to the save the files before you drag the contacts to the desktop.)
Step 5: Open a browser on your computer and visit iCloud.com.
Step 6: Enter your Apple ID to sign into iCloud.
Step 7: Choose Contacts among the options and then click the gear icon at the bottom of the screen.
Step 8: Click Import vCard... and choose the vCard files you saved on your desktop in Step 4.
Step 9: On your iPhone X/iPhone 8/iPhone 7, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud and then turn on Contacts. By doing so, you can successfully sync Outlook contacts to your iPhone.

Please let us know if this help you :)

Adrian gates

Parteuj

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
if you still not understand what to do, maybe this article helps.
AT&T Mobile Transfer App - Transfer Phone Contacts & More
if you find other tools, don't forgot to share with us.
If you have synced your contacts from Samsung phone to Google, you can add and login your google account on your iphone X, or you can move your contacts via "Move to iOS" app.

Yankker

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
If you have synced your contacts from Samsung phone to Google, you can add and login your google account on your iphone X, or you can move your contacts via "Move to iOS" app.
It is possible to use Google /Gmail / iTunes /iCloud , if there are a lot of contacts that you want to transfer ,I would not recommend using them, as some data might be lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.