• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

OUTLOOK 2016 FILE STORAGE WHERE COMMAND

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I HAVE A NEW COMPUTER WITH A SOLID STATE C DRIVE AND A LARGE ADDITIONAL D DRIVE WHERE IS THE COMMAND TO TELL OUTLOOK TO PUT EMAIL INTO A DIFFERENT STORE FOLDER? EASY ON WINDOWS XP ANYONE KNOW?

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
THANKS - I NEED MORE HELP I HAVE A POP 3 ACCOUNT I CAN CREATE A NEW STORE FOLDER ON THE 2ND "D" DRIVE, BUT HOW DO I TELL OUTLOOK TO PUT ALL EMAIL THERE?

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Yeah, I saw, I just haven't had time to respond.

Depending on which version and build of Outlook you use, you'll either choose to do a manual setup before auto account setup starts or after it adds the account to your profile.

These screenshots are from the new dialog - in this one, you need to choose manual setup on the first screen then select the pst on the second. Even if you mess up, you can add the pst after the account is added in File, Options, Data Files.

manual-setup-1.png
choose-pst.png

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
THANKS WHAT IS PST? ON THE ACCOUNT THAT I HAVE SET UP , I SEE NO WHERE TO CHANGE THE DESTINATION STORE FILE AFTER FOLLOWING UP THE FILE, OPTIONS, DATA FILES ---????

FURTHER EXACT STEPS?

THANKS

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Wat type of email account do you use?

Pst files are the data file used by pop3 accounts and archive. If you have an imap account, outlook.com or a business Exchange account, you won't use a pst.

If you use pop3, you should have a Change button when the account is selected. This screenshot is from Deliver All POP3 Accounts to One Outlook Inbox:

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
THANKS I USE A POP 3 ACCOUNT I WILL MAKE A FOLDER ON MY DATA DRIVE, AND CHANGE IT TO BE THE LOCATION THAT OUTLOOK STORES THE INCOMING EMAIL I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED THANKS AGAIN

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
HI DIANE

I HAVE CREATED THE NEW FOLDER ON MY LARGE "E" DRIVE IT SHOWS AS THE LINK IN THAT CHANGE FOLDERS COMMAND BUT I CANNOT LOOK AT IT OR THE ADDITIONAL ITEMS IN IT I HAVE THE FOLDER ON THE C DRIVE, AND THE ONE ON THE E DRIVE THAT IS GETTIJNG BIGGER, BUT I CANT SEE IT !
1517776258746.png
1517776215893.png
1517776075703.png

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
HI GOOD MONDAY

I HAVE 2 FOLDERS ONE WITH 116,000 BYTES THE OTHER WITH ABOUT 140,000

OUTLOOK DOWNLOADS MORE AND MORE EMAILS TO THE 140,000 FOLDER BUT ON MY SCREEN, MY INBOX IS THE OLDER SMALLER 116,000 FILE THERE ARE NO NEW EMAIL ADDITIONS TO THE 116,000 FOLDER

SEE IF YOU CAN FOLLOW THE 2 HIGHLITED FOLDERS ON MY CUT AND PASTE

THANKS FROM A 1968 FORTRAN USER ( MY FIRST PROGRAMS - BLUFFTON COLLEGE AS A HIGH SCHOOL SOPH ) HA!!!!!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Yeah, i saw it. I was busy with clients and had to make supper. :)

Is the mail going into the other data file in your profile? This is the pst it is using:
pst-path.png

Which looks to be the 1400000ish one here:
delivery-location.png

If you want to change the pst that it uses , click the Change Folder button and choose the inbox in the other data file.