• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Moving Emails Based on Recipient/Sender

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Greetings,

I have what seems like should be an easy challenge but the simplistic "Outlook Rules" are not getting me all the way to my solution. I was hoping folks here could maybe help. I need to separate emails that are both from and to internal company people from emails that include external parties. I know the Rules have certain abilities but here's where they fall short. I'm noticing that if an internal person is one of a long list of recipients, the Rules flag the email as "Internal", even though it also has external recipients. I've learned that because we use Exchange I can't simply us "@company.com" as the search term because its not actually included. with the Rules I've been having to select them from the Address Book in from and to.

I'm hoping to get some code that scans through a particular folder, identifies if an email is both to and from a company person (exclusively), and if so puts it into a specific Inbox sub-folder. If there is a way to do this other than VBA code I would be more than happy to know that.

Thanks in advance!
David

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Brilliant! I should have thought of it. Thanks Diane! I'll let you know how it goes...
So I know it's been a long time since I posted this but there's another complication now. Even external groups sometimes show without the @ because they are in the address book. Is there a way around this complication? Is there a way to pull the actual email address perhaps, even though it just says the name?

Thanks!

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The words in the address rule uses the underlying address, not the display name.