Activity Tracking with Userform

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Goal: build some kind activity tracking in a shared mailbox. with a userform for data entry functionality.
by 'activity tracking' I meant
  • user who opened the email
  • get received date/time
  • track elapsed time the message was opened
with the userform, I would like the user to enter some data that feeds into somewhere (excel / access)

I was wondering if anyone has done this before and if they are able to show me samples so I can try and mirror it.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
if it is doable, someone probably has done it... whether there are code samples online is another matter.

Are you going to use custom forms that records each open? That would be the only way to do this - unless you use a com addin (or a macro) installed every workstation. A com addin would probably be better than a custom form.

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
if it is doable, someone probably has done it... whether there are code samples online is another matter.

Are you going to use custom forms that records each open? That would be the only way to do this - unless you use a com addin (or a macro) installed every workstation. A com addin would probably be better than a custom form.
Yes, I am looking to track on each open / load event.
If we're working on different shared mailbox / different account, I can declare which account a particular script will run right?
I have never done a com add-in, what language does it use? is it through visual studio?

Thank you Diane!