• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Unable to open Outlook 2010 after adding new email account

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
After adding a new email account, I find I cannot open Outlook in MS Office University 2010. When I attempt to open the application, it hangs on the 'Loading profiles' screen, and I see a dialog box asking for an Exchange Server and mailbox name. If I cancel this, I see an error message: "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The information store cannot be opened." Neither of the accounts I added were institutional ones requiring Exchange Server information. An attempt to repair the program from the "Uninstall or change a program" screen in Control Panel has failed.

witzker

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
After adding a new email account, I find I cannot open Outlook in MS Office University 2010. When I attempt to open the application, it hangs on the 'Loading profiles' screen, and I see a dialog box asking for an Exchange Server and mailbox name. If I cancel this, I see an error message: "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The information store cannot be opened." Neither of the accounts I added were institutional ones requiring Exchange Server information. An attempt to repair the program from the "Uninstall or change a program" screen in Control Panel has failed.
Try to edit your profil
Eg remove unwanted folders there or correct them

Try the tool olfix to repair your profile

Good luck

Gesendet von meinem SM-T525 mit Tapatalk

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I have deleted the profile 'Outlook'. I can now open MS Outlook 2010, but deleting the profile means I will have to set up my accounts on it again. However, this should not be too much of a problem. Thank you very much for your help; I am most grateful :).