Selecting multiple calendar items

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
In Outlook 2010 I was able to select multiple items by holding down the ctrl key, and then clicking on them individually with the mouse. Now, in 2016, the behavior is like I held down the shift key- instead I get all of the appointments between the items clicked. Bug? Feature? Other? Only suggestion I found is to change to list view. Thanks!
Nelson

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Not sure if its a bug or behavior change (esp. since I haven't tested it in 2010 and forget how it used to work).

In my outlook 2016, in the day or month view, both shift and ctrl behave the same, i can select multiple items one at a time.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Thanks for the quick reply. Hmmm. That is strange. I've looked for settings in options to see if there's anything relevant, but not seeing anything. I really miss being able to do this- wonder what is causing it.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
can you select them if you use Safe mode? To open Outlook in Safe mode: Close Outlook then hold Ctrl as you click on the Outlook icon. You'll get a message asking if you want to start in Safe mode. Click Ok.