hiding appointments that are completed or cancelled, how to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

david ransin

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
For audit purposes, I don't want to lose appointments that are made but either cancelled or completed, yet I want to make them not display so they don't clutter my calendar; any ideas on if/how this can be done ? we are on OL '10 exchange 365 and I want to be able to access the 'archived' appointments in the future if necessary, and to have this effective for all our 8 users
thanks, david.

Diane, thanks for the quick response !
and, yes, 'filter' should have been obvious, but I did not think of that and have to do some homework to figure out how to apply it to our situation; we have been using a category for 'cancelled' or 'completed' with gray colors to contrast from the remaining 'live' appointments, but additionally making them filter out of the display makes better sense; and we add 'cancelled' to the beginning of the subject for definitive reference
We have been using Timematters in my law firm for 15 years and recently changed to Trialworks, but are having a ton of trouble with is and are relying on Outlook very heavily now so we are forced to learn all that we can about Outlook, and really like what I'm learning, very intuitive and efficient in many ways
I look forward to sharing ideas on this forum, and to putting together a long list of issues to consult you on, so thanks for your expert insight !
David.

>> we have been using a category for 'cancelled' or 'completed' with gray colors
This makes it easy - you'll either need to use the SQL tab or Query builder tab (if it is present). On Advanced tab, add Categories doesn't contact completed and a second one for categories doesn't contact cancelled. Then switch to the SQL tab, check the box to edit and change the OR to AND.
sql-tab.png

This is the SQL:
Code:
("urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Completed' AND "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Cancelled')

nice,,,,
this is exactly why I'll be adding this to my 'consultation list' for things to hire you to do for me !
the last thing I need to do is get 'under the hood' in my system and really mess it up !
I'm a lawyer who learned to code in '68 and I love to play with it, but I really need to spend my time practicing law, and finding experts like you to do things like this for me so I'm more efficient in my work !
all the best, thanks, david.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
vodkasoda Hiding empty Folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Diane Poremsky Hiding Global Address Book Fields Using Outlook 0
G Hiding All Day Events Using Outlook 1
T Is Explorer.FolderSwitch the best event for hiding commandbarbutton? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
A Outlook 365 New Appointments All saved to a 365 default calendar on Mac Using Outlook 0
M New Calendar Appointments: Conditionally turn off reminder and show time as free Using Outlook 5
Kika Melo Outlook Calendar deleted appointments not in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2021 all appointments not showing in calendar Using Outlook 2
S Changing colors of today's appointments, but not recurring ones Using Outlook 33
M Printing Appointments Using Outlook 1
M Calendar daily Appointments and printing Using Outlook 0
C Add Form to Appointments Received, Automatically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
L Option to Show Cancelled Appointments Using Outlook 0
O Export Outlook calendar appointments by filters and date range Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Outlook 2007 only loads some appointments Using Outlook 0
N Gathering Calendar Appointments from Calendars that synced as Contacts Exchange Server Administration 1
F Year-and-a-day recurring appointments Using Outlook 1
J what file contains contacts, tasks and appointments stored locally? Using Outlook 1
M warning for too many appointments on a same day in Outlook Using Outlook 1
V importing appointments to non-default calendar? Using Outlook 1
OutlookIntegrator Appointments Using Outlook 0
R Make past appointments remain in calendar Using Outlook 1
M Creating Outlook Appointments from Excel Cells Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Outlook.com changing appointments Using Outlook 8
T populate calendar with appointments and send reminders Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Copy New Appointments to Another Calendar using VBA Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Create Appointments Using Spreadsheet Data Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky How to Import Appointments into a Group Calendar Using Outlook 0
I Outlook 2013 Appointments not in HTML Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
makinmyway Appointments Created in iCloud Calendars Cover Contacts Field...Why? Using Outlook 3
M Expected behaviour of recurring appointments? Using Outlook 2
C Find all deleted recurrence appointments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Copy new appointments created in multiple shared calendars to another exchange calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Outlook calendar appointments Free/Busy time is changing from "Busy" to "Free" Using Outlook 2
G Outlook does not show new appointments in To-Do-Bar Using Outlook 0
A Looping appointments in calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook Calendar/setting appointments Using Outlook 1
L Appointments disappearing Using Outlook 0
N To do bar - show more than 30 days of appointments Using Outlook 0
A Show ALL of today's appointments in To-Do Bar Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2007 Calendar Appointments not in Outlook Today view Using Outlook 11
A Can't stop Outlook.com from setting reminders on appointments? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
S Outlook 2013 Appointments missing Using Outlook 1
N Outlook Shared appointments automatically to Private Calendar Using Outlook 1
A Synchronize Access Table with Outlook Calendar Appointments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Change reminder times of future appointments Using Outlook 1
Mark Rideout Search folder for appointments and emails Using Outlook 2
C Appointments from Excel to Outlook Using Outlook 3
C Appointments Using Outlook 25
C Appointments Exchange Server Administration 4