• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Wide Line Spacing in Folder pane 2016

nrpardee

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
In 2016, the Folder Pane (earlier called Navigation pane) line spacing is really far apart, much greater than my previous 2010, and greater than the listing of emails to its right. (I hope I'm calling this the right thing- folder vs navigation pane). For someone who has MANY accounts and folders, spreading it out is a royal pain (pun intended)! I'm aware of the Touch option, and it is off. Anyone know of a way to compress this to get more items in the pane? I found someone who claimed you could mess with Windows settings, but I'm sure that would affect other applications.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Can you post a screenshot?

I didn't think it was that much different than older versions - unless touch was enabled. Windows settings won't change it much - and would affect all programs, but if you didn't change the default settings, they should be fine. In Win7/8, you can change the font size of the folders, but this is not possible or is very difficult to do in win10.

This is my folder list in 2016 with the default/recommended windows display settings.
folder-list.png

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
on second thought... in a side by side comparison, there is a bit of a difference - about 1/4 more space per folder. Unfortunately, you cant change it.

folder-list.png

nrpardee

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I hadn't done the math, but that's about right. It might not seem like much, but it has made a big difference. Guess I'll have to live with it, although it seems like an unnecessary change.
Thanks for looking into it.

bugmeso

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Not to jack this thread, I believe my question be almost on course as nrpardee's question. EXCEPT mine is not in the Navigation Pane/Favorites area to the left, but in the area which I will call the "middle" only if you have the Reading Pane to the right. BTW, this is Outlook 2010 I am addressing. I have tried everything and still can not reduce the incoming mail lines to a smaller size (in my friend's wife's computer) And in mine I would like to make them a little larger. Getting to darn old and seeing is more difficult.And if I am jacking this thread, just tell me and I will start a new one ;)

nrpardee

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
It's in the same general vicinity, although different, and Outlook handles it very differently. But good news- You actually have options, using views. I admit that I'm a bit of a novice at views, so while I can mostly make them do what I want, I struggle. I suggest you lookup Outlook views, and hopefully someone else will be able to answer a bit better. And if not, I'll give it a try.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
in the area which I will call the "middle" only if you have the Reading Pane to the right
That is the message list.

I have tried everything and still can not reduce the incoming mail lines to a smaller size (in my friend's wife's computer) And in mine I would like to make them a little larger.
Custom view - you cant reduce white space/ padding around the text, but can reduce the text size and if you are showing 3 line preview for unread messages, you can turn that off in View settings.